PhotoBilly

racerman

Does anyone remember back in the day when a racer or someone with the track was hurt or had a death the track would get together and have the drivers come up at intermission and pass the helment to raise money for that person. Do tracks still do this? This would be a great time for all the STL area tracks to do this for a man that did so much for all of us. I will be at MMSP this weekend and I really hope to see this happen!

I know Highland Speedway still does it, not as much as they used to though. I'll see what I can get together there for him.

Highland Speedway will be passing the helmet on Saturday night for Photo Billy's family. We are working on arranging about 10 drivers to go around and collect donations for his family.

We were approached by Dustin Griffin who designed some decals to honor PhotoBilly and help his daughter Danielle, who has been left now without a mother and a father. The decals are red and absolutely beautiful and they are going to be sold at $10 at these 7 area tracks. The tracks that have stepped up so far to sell the PHOTOBILLY decals are: Quincy Raceway, Tri City Speedway, Belle Clair Speedway, Highland Speedway, Pevely Raceway, Lincoln Speedway, and Spoon River! Thanks to all the people involved in this undertaking!!

The entire family appreciates any and all acts of kindness and there have been plenty large and small! If you would like to donate, please pick up a sticker and display on your cars, trucks, race cars, etc. Dustin and Griffin graphics have put together a massive effort to reach out the PhotoBilly's racing family. I will try to add the decal here if I can figure out how to do that or someone can help me with that.

God bless all who have shown us love and support during this time. We also send out our prayers to the driver Sonny who has been released from the hospital in Iowa. We wish him a speedy recovery. We also send along prayers to Tony's family as he was one of Sonny's and Billy's best racing buddies as well. I did not know them personally but will continue to pray for all involved in this tragic accident.

PHOTOBILLY MEMORIES: If you would like to share a memory or photoBilly story, please send email or text to me and I will make sure the family gets it. You can also post here under one of the PhotoBilly's topics. There is also a guest book to sign online at the Hutson Funeral Home in Steelville, Mo. where the funeral is to be held Sunday at 2 pm.

~ Rod Haffer (rodhaffer@yahoo.com) "RacerRod"
618-799-8878 text/cell

Back