Photos of I-55?

Dixon Fan

Dirt is in...asphalt out
Does anyone have arial photos of the race track with all the flooding.

I hate to say it though, but the weather man says the water levels won't go back down till the end of July. :eek:

i55/floodwater

the pictures of the floodwater are several days old does any one know if the water has started going down yet as of mon. night.:cool:

I've got to get gas tonight, I'll go down to Pevely and get a tank of E85, and stop by the track to take a looksie.

Also, even though the weather man says the rivers are going "to stay in flood for several weeks", in doesn't mean high flood. According to the NWS and NOAA, the official flood forecast on the Meramec is 30.1 feet by 7:00pm Saturday. That's a four foot drop from the crest that's supposed to occur Wednesday.

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=lsx&gage=arnm7&view=1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1

The crests are now supposed to be up to 10 feet below '93 levels, but it's still gonna be rough. As horrible as it sounds, the levees breaking up north is good for people down south because that's less water that has to flow down the Mississippi. Nonetheless, it could take up to a month for the water to recede...

The water will crest on Wednesday:( It will still come up a couple more inches.

I drove out the back way last night, I drove through water in 2 places on horine rd. it was about 18" deep in both places. Then made the right on to Herky Horine rd. and made it almost to the track but the road is lower than I remembered it to be, the street signs are under water. I was going to go back to 67 and get some pics from the other side but i got a speeding ticket by the emissions station. Don't these *****holes have anything better to do.

Anyway, it is going to be quite a while before we are back racing at Pevely, someone told me that in 1993 they only raced about 5 times. I wasn't racing at this time so I don't know if that is accurate info or not.

Jason Crump

Not a chance for this weekend, slim to none the week after that as well. Really doubt there will be any racing til mid July or later. It doesn't look as if it has gone down at all.

i55 floodwater

i was down on 61-67 today about 3:00 i did go all the way down close enough to see where there water on the bridge and a lot of water at the so. end of the bridge. i would say it will be quite a while before there is racing at i55 because i heard on the radio it had crested at st louis but was going to remain the same for several days.we will be lucky if we get to run on 7/5/08.if then.:confused:

Not that I'm a meterologist or anything by any means, but my guess is that the flood level on Joachim Creek would be more akin to the Meramec River at Arnold, since both are Mississippi tributaries that are backed up from the Mississippi flood.

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=lsx&gage=arnm7&view=1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1

The forecast looks pretty good for the Meramec, it should start dropping in the next day or two and looks to drop pretty quickly once it does (five feet or so within a few days). Naturally, tributaries like the Meramec and Joachim Creek are going to drop before the Mississippi does, because the Mississippi has to drain off the water from them before it drops.

So, the forecast for I-55 should be somewhat better than the forecast for the Mississippi itself. I don't know if I-55 will be back at it by July 5, but I'm hopeful for the week after that.

Racenut, that's the same idea I was trying to point out that was pretty much ignored. Yes, it looks bad. But once the river starts dropping, it should go rather quick. The only wildcard is the weather up north. If Iowa and north Missouri gets into another extended pattern like before, then things will change. But for now, I'm optimistic about July 5th.

Here in Jefferson City it still is at the top of the Banks and its been there for a couple weeks. And every night I watch satellite and storms hit NW Kansas, SE Nebraska and Iowa. They pop up out of nowhere?
You all could come up to I-44, they are going to have the new surface down this week. UMP Lates, Mods would have to check rules but it looks to be a lot better on equipment when they are back up and running.

Revised numbers are out, and it's not looking good. Second crest two feet higher than now, on June 29. River is supposed to drop then four feet by July 2.

I Work On The River Down In Ste Genevieve Mo. The River Is Going To Come Up 2 Feet In 4 Days. So That Will Put The River At 41.9... Thats With Out All The Rain Up North.. Its Is Sad To See All This Water ..

Back