Photos of Ken Schrader's car after flip in Arizona on Friday!

What type of metal is that used on the side door? And how common is that on the drivers doors? I think it's a fantastic idea !!!! Glad to see Kenny moving around in that one picture !!!!!!!

Wow

I was going to ask if Kenny was alright. From that first picture the car looks distroyed ! But in a later picture i seen him , and he looks like he is o.k. Jimmy, give us the scoop... how did the accident happen ? I agree with the others, that body looks awful ! LD

dirtgirl said:
What type of metal is that used on the side door? And how common is that on the drivers doors? I think it's a fantastic idea !!!! Glad to see Kenny moving around in that one picture !!!!!!!

That is aluminum on the driver's side door bars. Most racer's have this, those that dont should!

I have hardly seen this in these parts. Was not sure what type of metel is was. About how thick do they normally run those? And I agree they should run something like that including our car !!!! HEAR THAT BOYS????

We also use it on the front of the fire wall and on the bottom of the cockpit. Without it anything you run over can come through.

TTG, that would definatly explain the very long faces on kenny and joe in the one picture, not that they wouldnt be upset if it was an old car BUT A BRAND NEW ONE!!!:(

From what I read on the 4m, the tangle was with Don O'Neal. But thats all I know.
Is there any pics of the car from a farther distance?

Also, anyone that knows the true complete story, fill us in. Also, most importantly is Kenny alright?

It is still there. Just says in the confusion following another incident, Schrader went flipping off turn one, and that's all. Unless something more was there before?

dirtgirl said:
I have hardly seen this in these parts. Was not sure what type of metel is was. About how thick do they normally run those? And I agree they should run something like that including our car !!!! HEAR THAT BOYS????
almost all the ministocks have them... we got the ideal from imca rules a few years back it has saved a few guys legs already our is made out of steel thou..

"Hard charger O'Neal knived into sixth on lap 24, but a tap nearly spun him out. As he recovered, the confusion triggered a multi-car incident that sent previous night winner Schrader flipping off the top of turn 1."

Seems like when O'Neal was fish-tailing, everything stacked up behind him, and Schrader got the worst of it.

Back