Pictures From Bonne Terre Car Show

Millsey

Cold weather at first, decent turnout despite the early date, great people and a lot of fun..... Thanks to everyone who helped out and showed up at the car show today at Greg's Lube & Oil in Bonne Terre....
Results: Kenny Harris (Sportsmen car) - First place
Jeremy Sutton (Stock Buggy) - Second place
Shannon Burch (RAMS Mini Stock) - Third place
Jeremy Boyer (600cc Multi) - Fourth place

Here's some photos from today.... I'll have the winner's photos with their trophies later on...

CLICK HERE FOR PHOTOS: http://www.stlracing.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=541

Actually there was a good crowd. I met alot of nice people today at the car show & was finally able to put some faces with some names from on here. It was great meeting everyone.

I think there are alot of people on here that need to thank Millsey, he puts alot of time & effort helping promote the local racing scene. Thanks again Millsey!

looks like y'all had a good turn out despite the early date
and cool weather....As usual Kenny Harris out done himself
again...The #69 looks great......

Thanks Bob, I can't take all the credit. Kevin Politte of Southpaw Designs deserves most of the credit.And to Fastrak Midwest I guess you can figure who harris69 is now.....We will see you guys again at MCS on March 26th. "The Hustler"

Congradulations To All The Winners ....

WOW , what a great looking bunch of cars !!! Congrats to Kenny Harris for winning first, im sure that is only because my name is on there.... hehehee Shannon's car looks awsome ! I sure we will be seeing him in winners circle alot this season. And Jeremy, you was right your buggy looks really good ! You all should be very proud of your cars they look " HOT " :D LD

Actually Kenny was a two-time winner yesterday at Greg's.... He won the first attendance prize of the day..! For those of you who don't know, Kenny is an avid Dale Earnhardt fan. When he showed up he spotted an Earnhardt clock that was available for one of the prizes.... Can you guess what prize Kenny picked!!!! LOL....

What was even funnier was after I gave Kenny his number, he turned to me and read it off. About a 1/2 hour later those were the numbers I was reading..... (and no it wasn't fixed.... LOL)...

We had a ton of stuff to give away also. Everyone who showed up came away with something and most with multiple items. Little Dog about ate them out of house and home!

I personnally don't see a problem with the nose on the 59M. I contacted Bob to make sure and he said it is LEGAL. If this nose is a problem , I would have to say that full size truck noses on S-10's and Nissans, Taurus and Mustang noses on Pintos would fall into the same catagory as the nose on the 59M.If the nose is what makes the car win we will have to do something about this. I looked this car over at the car show for welds and other safety factors and this is a prime example of how a car/truck should be built. I will put my thought out and go ahead and say YES it is LEGAL.....We at DRR are more worried about safety and looking at items that are going to give someone an advantage over the next guy/gal. Trying to keep the cost down and make this a class that is fun to race and watch is our #1 goal at DRR.

I was just asking , not complaining. Kenny I think you are correct with what you said. Your car looks awesome "AGAIN" for the second year in a row.!!!!!

Thanks Duck, I was just trying to answer several questions in 1 post. I am one of them 1 finger typers or peckers as some say so I post as few pecks as possible. On your other post , that is ILLEGAL it changes the stroke.........

Kenny no problem. That was my older brothers post about the crank. Kenny I always value your opinion because it is comming from someone who has the experience to back it up!!!! Good luck this season.

DUCK BAND said:
So What Your Saying Is That Just Because Nobody Said Anything
About The Nose It's O.k. Or Does This Get Grandfather Claused
In Since He's Had It For Three Years.you Know Alot Of Us Have Had
Our Cars/trucks For A Long Time And We've Had To Change Stuff
When The Rules Changed. The Rules State That It Must Be Stock Appearing.[/QUOTE]

I just checked the 2005 rules and #3 under bodies says,
"May use aftermarket plastic noses" doesn't mention stock appearing...
#8 says, front bumper must be capped with stock type bumper unless using plastic aftermarket nose...doesn't say nose must be stock appearing....
Am I missing something?
Oh yeah, almost forgot, #12 states,original grill may be removed, but screen wire or expanded metal must be installed "to retain stock appearance"...
again "aftermarket noses are allowed". Doesn't refer to them being stock appearing..

Don't worry

duckhunter330 said:
Is that nose on the 59m car legal? It doesnt appear to have a stock look?
From what I hear about the halloween kid, you will be looking at his rear most of the time. They say he's fast.:)

Back