Pill draw

N2R8CIN

Could someone tell me how they use the pill numbers to line up the cars?

I will try

you do you pill draw

the number you pull decides where you start in you heat race (usally 6-8 cars depending on amount of cars)

then you race your heat race if you finish in the top 3 postion(if you only have 6 in your heat race) you go to what we call a "trophy dash"

if you make the trophy dash you are garunteed one of the 6th top starting spots in the feature... example below

pill #25

heat #2 outside roll 3 rd spot back (6th place)

you win your heat race
you would start 1 row outside (2cnd place)
you win your trophy dash you would be pole setter in the feature where ever you finished in the trophy dash is wher you willstart in the feature....

I do belive this is how it works

There is a total of 17 cars and you draw 40. Where would you start? Also if you draw 19 with a total of 17 cars where would you start?

Any advise is appreciated!!

okay thats kinda a trick question but i will try

if you drawed 40 with 17 cars and the othe 16 drawed a better number than you... there would probably be 3 heats you would start dead last on the last heat..... where ever you finished in that heat will decide on where you start in the feature

if you draw 19 with 17 cars then the then it depens if any body drawed a better pill than you lets say 19 was the best pill drawed that night (for your class) then you would be pole first heat... then where you finish is up to you for the feature..

basically the pill is just for setting you up in your heat race after that it depends on how well you do in your heat race and trophy dash... also on another note I do not work for the track I just race there and to my knowledge this is accurate info I'm giving you...

okay just remember the lower the number closer to the firts heat race in front the higher the number you looking at starting dead last in the last heat:D

The "actual number" means nothing.....

except the position of it compared to the other numbers which have been drawn.

Obviuosly a #1 guarantees a pole in the first heat, but a 20 could do the same if it is the lowest number drawn. There are usually like 25 to 50 numbers in the drawing.

Usually the field is chopped up to make 3 heats. If 20 cars are there they might put 7 in the 1st, 7 in the 2nd and 6 in the 3rd heat. They just take the highest seven numbers to make the first heat, and so on. In the event that only maybe 16 cars are there, they may elect to run 8 in each heat. They would be drawn the same way for starting positions.

Then like smurf said, the trophy dash would be the top 2 or top 3 from each heat. The way they line up is 1st place of 1st heat, then the 1st place from 2nd heat, 2nd place first heat and so on. (If they take top three from two heats, your first heat guys would be on the inside pole in the order they finished the heat and the second heat guys would line up the same on the outside of them).

The way you finish is the way you start the feature, UNLESS there is some sort of inversion. Following the dash finishing order would be the rest of the cars in the order they finished the heat races( 4th place first heat, 4th place second heat, 5th place first heat, etc.)

Hope this all helped :)

EXAMPLE IF 20 CARS DRAW.

HEAT #1

1ST LOWEST-4TH
7TH-10TH
13TH-16TH
19TH

HEAT #2

2ND-5TH
8TH-11TH
14TH-17TH
20TH

HEAT #3

3RD-6TH
9TH-12TH
15TH-18TH

MAYBE THIS WILL HELP SEEING IT LAID OUT. LIKE THE OTHER GUYS SAID, TOP 2 FROM EACH HEAT GO TO DASH. THE 6 IN THE DASH MAKE UP FRONT 3 ROWS OF FEATURE.

DOES THE ROCK LINE THE FEATURE UP LIKE THEY FINISH THE DASH?(WINNER ON THE POLE.....ECT?) JUST CURIOUS, SOME TRACKS HAVE THEM DRAW AFTER THE DASH.

Depends on the track!

The actual number means nothing. There are usually numbers 1-50 or 1-100 in the pill draw (depending on the size of the car count). The only numbers that guarantee you a front row start are 1 and 2. Some tracks go in order starting with heat 1 and on back. Other tracks alternate the top draws from heat 1, to heat 2, to heat 3. It just depends on the track. They take a sheet of paper with the numbers 1-50 on it and whatever number you draw, they put your name next to that number. Then, after all the drivers have drawn, they line them up in the heats according to that order. I think some people are confused that they only put the same amount of numbers in the peel draw that are there in that class. That is not the case.

Tell you what, N2R8CIN, give me a call and I can explain this better to you over the phone. You know my number. You'll understand what I'm saying.

Back