Play Day

DonnieD

Good news- Nice lookin cars. Bad News-Rest rooms locked on spectator side.:confused:

Around 10 sprints, 15 mods, 7 pure street, 10 multi's, couple of 4-bangers. These are not exact numbers just close estimates. It was a little chilly, but worth it. I see your name is sprint 32 fan, I didn't see any Montgomery boys there.

some ministocks

mini stocks at the the play day

Attachments

• 100_0395.jpg
    100_0395.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 120
  • 100_0394.jpg
    100_0394.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 143
more ministocks pictures

more pictures of the playday

Attachments

• 100_0386.jpg
    100_0386.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 136
  • 100_0388.jpg
    100_0388.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 140
  • 100_0389.jpg
    100_0389.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 135
  • 100_0390.jpg
    100_0390.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 143
  • 100_0393.jpg
    100_0393.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 152
Looked good....

Alot of the drivers looked good out there. You could definitely tell that most of them are ready for racing to begin. I know I enjoyed being at the track again. I have to say though, I was very impressed with Dickerman in the sprint car. For his first time out, he looked dang good. I saw where it was posted that he would be racing his first official race in the sprint car with the World of Outlaws next weekend at I-55............what a place to start. Hope all is well for him and all the other locals that race.

Brandon Paul said:
Who all was there in the micro sprints?

there was me,(jim tickle) with joey boyd, jimmy bridgeman, brian keen, mark schershekin (spelling) sorry, a couple of brand newbies and a couple of others that i know there face but not there name. i had a good time and was glad to be behind the wheel again. car felt good and fast. happy with changes i made. been a long winter. looking forward to this season. i don't know why people don't enjoy this class. it's good fast open wheel, open cockpit racing. very exciting cars to race. great feeder class for the sprints. and economical for us old farts who can't afford a sprint car, but still love open wheel racing. i can only guess that some nights we get spread out and ends up being follow the leader on those dry slick nights. kinda like watching the outlaws on a half mile.

Nothing wrong with Multis

jt78 said:
there was me,(jim tickle) with joey boyd, jimmy bridgeman, brian keen, mark schershekin (spelling) sorry, a couple of brand newbies and a couple of others that i know there face but not there name. i had a good time and was glad to be behind the wheel again. car felt good and fast. happy with changes i made. been a long winter. looking forward to this season. i don't know why people don't enjoy this class. it's good fast open wheel, open cockpit racing. very exciting cars to race. great feeder class for the sprints. and economical for us old farts who can't afford a sprint car, but still love open wheel racing. i can only guess that some nights we get spread out and ends up being follow the leader on those dry slick nights. kinda like watching the outlaws on a half mile.

Hey Jim some people know a good class of cars when they see em'!!! And some dont! There is nothing wrong with the multi class! Its a great place for kid to start and for old farts to finish up. And it's a heck of a class for people that have no desire to go beater/bomber/banger racing!!!

Nothing wrong with the multis at all. But I have to agree with Double..Deuce to a certain point. The main reason most don't like the multis out at SFCR is because the track is too large for their cars. They get extremely strung out and it's usually the guy(s) with the most expensive engine setup that wins, which makes for a boring race. They are a blast to watch at Doe Run and they "were" a blast to watch at the Rock, but they just don't hold alot of peoples attention on the bigger tracks. In other words, there is very little slicing and dicing amongst the cars and that is what most fans live for.

I have no problem with multis at Doe Run or the now dead ROCK but at Farmington, BORING...follow the leader, even bombers put on a better show. heck push buggies are are almost better to watch. I respect that the guys are spending the money and want to race but it seems that everyone in the stands groan every time they hit the track. But with the car count they get I'm sure they will be there for a while. Hey to each their own I guess.

hey,

With the multis it depends on when there feature is. If their feature is before the sprint cars then it is usally still tacky so then the faster motors are better, but if its run after the sprints then the track is more slick so then the motors dont help as much becuase the driver cant just hold it wide open all way around. It is a much better race when the track gets slick because people that start in the back have a chance to move up becuase other drivers get in the slick and are slower. As far as when the multis run before the sprint cars it does sometimes get to be really spread out and boring. There is nothing wrong with the multi class.

cya

Back