Poll: Highland Factory Stock (4-cyl) drivers

What 4-cyl class would you prefer to race?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shaw18 Racing

St. Jacob Glass
Scott Kuhn asked me to post a poll to see which drivers would be interested in running two separate four cylinder classes, but has concerns that one of the two classes will be lopsided with car count. His objective is to allow the less experienced drivers to get that chance to win that always desired feature. Both classes will run under the same set of rules except for restrictions concerning who runs what class and the payout of the amateur class. (This will be up for debate) I will note that Macon speedway runs an amateur class that allows drivers to win six features before they are forced to move up. There is no pay, but the feature winner gets a trophy. Please check which class you would prefer to run and then post any suggestions or concerns you might have.

Thanks Rob. I like the idea as well as long as their is a possible payout and points for the amature class. I also like the Macon rules that after 6 wins you move up. That helps in experiance with other drivers but also gives the experianced drivers the hope that the rookies wont kill their night because they got wrecked out.

Will rookies still be able to choose to run in either class? Because I know my little brother would want to run experianced class even though he is a rookie. I would like him to run it too being that I feel he can learn faster running with the faster guys.

When I spoke with Scott he had every intension to pay a minimum of $25 and then more to the winner, and also talked about a point fund if he ran an Amateur class.

Will rookies still be able to choose to run in either class? Because I know my little brother would want to run experianced class even though he is a rookie. I would like him to run it too being that I feel he can learn faster running with the faster guys.

I believe Scott intends to allow the driver to decide which class. But again, his concern is that one of the two classes will be lopsided with car count.

Nothing is written in stone and Scott is only looking for feedback to see what rout the drivers would like to go. So everyone please post your thoughts.

Two Classes

But there is a bunch of baby's there *****ing abut wheels tires bumper's LOOK the gays just want to race ! we all like Highland and I don't care what i race against !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in my second year of racing and I'm starting off the year pretty good, (thanks to some lucky draws). I probably would not be doing as good if i didn't get to race with the more experienced drivers. I still make a lot of mistakes as you guys have seen in the two features I've run second in this year. I only have three heat wins at highland so does that place me in the amateur class? I'm learning how to drive by driving with more experienced drivers.

I see nothing wrong with the way the races were set up before. The duel features with payout and points that they ran this past weekend are not fair for anyone.
If you make the feature, you worked to make the feature and that's the way it should be if i win the B main I will NOT accept a trophy or extra pay because I do not want to be rewarded for 16th place. The only other fair and reasonable way to set up duel features is to do 1st in heat one goes to the A, 1st in heat 2 goes to the B and so on and so forth.

I think the way it was done Saturday night was great! The consi was ridiculous because everyone was trying to get 3rd or 4th so they could make the feature. My question is, once the driver choices which area he wants to race (Rookie or Etc) and he doesn't do good where he chose can he switch? I personally this is going to be more of a headache then it's worth! Continue like it was Saturday!

But there is a bunch of baby's there *****ing abut wheels tires bumper's LOOK the gays just want to race ! we all like Highland and I don't care what i race against !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The rules are rules. That is all.

Everyone talks about racing with the experianced drivers. I agree it helps but everyone drives differently. I take pointers from the pros when I explain what is happening with my car but most of them run a totally different car then I do. My only concern with working to make the feature is what if you get wrecked and put to the back. Are you honestly going to "plow" through a 16 car field to finish in the top three? I don't think that is fair. It is a budget class and we are suppose to have fun. We bring the largest number of cars out. And plowing through the field will only make things worse.:eek::mad:

I like the pro amature idea but I think if people want a choice they can chose. After there first year if they don't win a race they still move up or after 5-6 feature wins or 10 heat race wins they get moved up. If the car count is low they mix them up. But have a different fund and points for the amatures. Can still use the heat races to determine starting positions for the fatures.

Running it like last weekend would work if we do like some have suggested. 1st in heat 1 to A main 1st in heat 2 to B main and so on back and forth. I think this could make it fair. The only thing is what to do with points and payout. This seems to be the main concern for everyone.

I personally don't want to have to pack up early every weekend because I drew crappy and couldn't get up to the front because of the competition in this class. And I don't see the B-main win as finishing 16th place. That is a personal opinion. But I also see that as a budget class if I have to shell out $30 a weekend and see nothing back that can get really expensive in a hurry. I want to have fun and see everyone else do the same.
I would like to see it fair and enjoyable for everyone! :D Just my .02

I understand noone wants to leave early but when I get 13th in the A main (after I worked my way from the back of the heat to make the A main) I dont see if fair that someone I beat in my heat race gets paid more than me for even getting in the top 6 in the B main. I could have just sand bagged and had a better chance at winning the B main than i did the A main and taken home more points and more money. All it would cause is people to sand bag in there heats if they are going to have to start at the back of the A main. So I dont think it is fair for someone running for points and makes the A main and someone that was slower than them gets more points for winning a B main. Dont seem to fair to me.

I understand noone wants to leave early but when I get 13th in the A main (after I worked my way from the back of the heat to make the A main) I dont see if fair that someone I beat in my heat race gets paid more than me for even getting in the top 6 in the B main. I could have just sand bagged and had a better chance at winning the B main than i did the A main and taken home more points and more money. All it would cause is people to sand bag in there heats if they are going to have to start at the back of the A main. So I dont think it is fair for someone running for points and makes the A main and someone that was slower than them gets more points for winning a B main. Dont seem to fair to me.

I don't disagree on that one at all. Maybe that is a good reason to have two seperate funds and points system.

so say 40 cars show up. have 6 heats. first 3 heats take odd finishers to fearure 1. even finishers to feature 2. last 3 heats just switch it up. this would mix up both features evenly.

who cares about the points, or the money!! I just want to go out and race my car and have fun.

Alot of people care about the points. That's why they have a point system and the 5 extra bucks that we pay every weekend go towards the points fund. Highland has done a good job at bringing in more cars on a regular basis because the points fund has become pretty decent. I think alot of people are caring about the money as well or this issue wouldn't be going on.

one more thing for the am..

hay rob this is a great thing ..and one thing to .if you win the feature .the next week that person starts at the back thats how macon does it ..fastjoe

Im ok with wtv i understand that ppl in the points race could be upset and also to have newer drivers start out so my cars stays clean is great however if i wanted a show car i wouldnt race So I guess i could go either way

I don't have a problem paying the extra 5 buks to race my car. it really doesn't make me any difference if i get points or not, i mean if your not in the top ten in points...what does it matter?? the cars that are in the top ten points are going to, most of the time, finish up front anyway. maybe we should take a poll to see who just wants to race their car for fun and seat time, and maybe get a trophy if you win, and not worry about points. and see who wants to race for points. maybe make that the two classes??

Im sure you arnt going to have to many people that want to race for no money. If you have to pay to get in, most people want a chance to make money back.

This Whole Post Is A Joke

There should only be one class and one feature. HE** if you do that for the hornet class you should just split them all up and have 10 or so features by the end of the night. So Rob when you first started out in that pile you were running as a rookie you honestly can sit there and tell me you would want both of those classes? Actually you might need both of those classes just so you could pssibly win a feature as crappy as you have been running as of late. So i wouldnt even bother wasting my time on this Scott its just one big joke. Rookie or not if you can't run with the big dogs keep your junk home.:)

There should only be one class and one feature. HE** if you do that for the hornet class you should just split them all up and have 10 or so features by the end of the night. So Rob when you first started out in that pile you were running as a rookie you honestly can sit there and tell me you would want both of those classes? Actually you might need both of those classes just so you could pssibly win a feature as crappy as you have been running as of late. So i wouldnt even bother wasting my time on this Scott its just one big joke. Rookie or not if you can't run with the big dogs keep your junk home.:)

...quality post by yet another big man who hides behind his (...her?) ...yes definately her...screenname. If your not man enough to put it out there with a name ...or better yet say it to someones face, then don't say it at all. Go ahead and say all the stupid stuff you want, but don't be a sally about it. You are a loser, a coward, and you belong lumped in with all the other arm chair wannabes that run there mouths on here constantly (see: twistedracer). Where did you finish last weekend, or last year, or ever?

They don't give out trophys to nameless, faceless people.

Loser.

Back