prayers for dave walker

sparky

thoughts and prayers to the dave walker family, dave has suffered a stroke and is in a st louis hospital.

as most of you know dave was a scorer at highland and tri city for many years and a very avid racecar fan

will let everyone know more when i get info

sparky greenville

Thoughts & Prayers for A Great guy

Dave Walker was one of the hardest working officials I have ever had the pleasure to work with. He knew the rule book inside and outside and sometimes his decisions were not met with approval but I can assure you he made his decisions from his heart. God Speed Dave Walker. May God watch over you and heal you real soon!

This deeply saddens our family as we have known Dave for many years,and have always enjoyed his company...Please keep us posted..Even a hospital address so we can send a card..

Get well soon Dave..

You will be in our thoughts & prayers!!!!!!

The Schaefers

Mark,Linda, & Casey

Get well!

I worked with Dave at TCS! Great guy! Dave, do what the Doc's tell you and take care of yourself buddy!

George Depper

oh my gosh we live in the same town and I have not heard this. Sparky if there is anything that we can do please let us know..
Dave we are thinking of you and Linda and the boys..Get well soon

Same here Speed. I grew up with all of Daves son's and i went with them to the races when i was younger. Sparky same thing here if they need anything let us know. Get well very soon Dave!!!!!!!!!

Nic Lampe

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Dave.

Where can we send a card or what can we do to help Dave's family?

A progress report would be greatly appreciated.

I just called his sister Karen she works at the radio station, and was told he may have had an anurism. And is going into surgery at 10ish this morning. This is a very scary situation. So beleive me I will be thinking of him all day..I will try to stop in the radio station after work to talk to Karen to see if she has heard anything yet and post it if nobody else has yet. I work right by there.

Damn! This is not the news about this guy that I wanted to hear. PitBoss is right on. This guy is one of the best, on and off a racetrack. He taught his kids well too.

Hoping for a speedy recovery and that he's home for Christmas.

TTG/MM

Just talked to his sister Karen at the Radio station and she said that as of 1pm that they still havent taken him to surgery. So ?.....she said that they did test yesterday and determined it is a blood clot. He is alert..but the blood clot is effecting him like a stroke. but hopefully after surgery it will take care of it..You are right Talker Guy. he has kids from age 31 to age 12..all boys..They are great kids..

The Walker's are in the Stoecklin's prayers ... everyone is right on, Dave is a great guy!

V/R,
Sam

To the Stlracing.com community,

First of all, thank you from the bottom of our hearts for all of your prayers, thoughts and concerns. My dad would be blown away with the concern everyone has shown here. While he has been away from the track for some time, he talks wonderfully of his time and experiences in racing.

For an update. . .

Dad is doing as well as expected after what he has been through the past few days.

At 2:45 this afternoon, my dad was taken into surgery to remove a blood clot, 2 1/2 inches in diameter, from his right temporal lobe. On Tuesday, he left work early because he had the flu. By 8:30 that night, it appeared he had become so dehydrated that mom called the ambulance.

After nearly an hour in the emergency room, it was revealed to us that he had in fact had a stroke and would need to be transferred to Barnes-Jewish in St. Louis.

When the docters at Barnes completed some tests, it was realized there was a clot. Today, he went into surgery. He is well enough tonight that everyone but mom was able to come home. She stayed because she felt it necessary.

That's the story. According to the doctors, some of the best in the country from everything I have read or heard, he should be able to expect a full recovery and from how he was acting prior and following surgery, it would be understandable to expect no less. It will just take some time. Our biggest hopes are that he will be home for Christmas.

If dad knew the sort of response that his situation has caused on this message board, he would be shocked. I, like my brothers, grew up along side him in the pits and judges' stands of several area tracks and if one thing can be said about not only the people involved in racing, but involved in area racing, it is that everyone sticks up for one another.

It borders on cliche, but racing fans, crews, drivers and officials are one big (sometimes disfunctional :) ) family. It is not until something happens of this magnitude that it hits this close.

Every one of those who have posted on here have had an effect on him. When he does get a chance to attend a race, he hopes to make contact with as many of his old friends as possible. Many times, that may mean a long, late drive home, but to dad, that is what life is all about.

When he gets as chance to read this (I'll make sure that he does), he will most likely smile when he reads about the love that has been shown here. But his head will swell when he reads the compliments you have given about his children. He taught me a long time ago that the real mark of a man is seen in how his children grow into strong adults.

Again, we thank each and every one of you for your concerns. We will keep you close to our hearts as well. I will keep you updated on his condition.

Bill Walker

bill, let us know when he gets in a regular room, there are some firefighters and racers that would be glad to go down and and visit and entertain him, you know us, got keep im laughin, we will keep prayin, tell mom if she needs a ride or anything yo call.

sparky

Glad to hear Daves surgery went well. We will keep him and your family in our thoughts and prayers. If there is anything we can do please let us know.

The Daums

It times like this...

when the "community comes together"! Although I only knew Dave for a short time, he's the type of guy you won't forget! To his wife and kids, I pray that he does make it home for Christmas. It's important for the family. I know first hand! There's no better gift than life itself! Merry Christmas to all!

George

Thanks for the update Bill..We are very encouraged by your post..Tell dad hi for us..Hope to see him soon..

We would like to at least send a card..Can you get us an address??? Even if you can PM me with your home address..I would appreciate it...

Dave has always known how to call the shots and did well again here.

Bill........yes, your Dad (and Mom) raised all five of you very well. Are you writing professionally? If not, you need to be......!!!!

Okay.......your Dad has 9 laps (oops days) to make it home for Christmas......tell him to THINK like Arnie Knepper and he'll be home in 4.5 days!

Back