Press Release, Fastrak $25,000.00 double header at "The Gap"

racer20

Fastrak Late Models at “The Gap” this weekend.

FIRST NATIONAL EVENT FOR SOUTHERN AND MID EAST REGIONS FOR THE YEAR!!!

$25,000.00 in total purse for the two day event.

$2000 to win Friday night $200 to start, $3000 to win National Purse on Saturday night $300 to start.

$500 if you just make the race both nights.

G45- G50 Goodyears only!!!

4/10th mile, high bank, “Bristol ON Dirt”. 13 second lap times. Can anyone get in the 12’s???

Single points on Friday night, Double Points Saturday night.

Teams from all regions will be scored points just as if you were at your home track.

Miss Fastrak Paula Dunn To be on hand for this event signing autographs and presenting awards

$1,000,000.00 in Bonus Bucks to the Fans and all Teams this weekend!!!

Pit Gate Opens 4:00 Tech opens 4:30 both nights!!

Host Motel: Comfort Inn, Greenville TN (423) 639-4185 Ask for speedway rate.

The “Fastest Growing Series” in the country heads to the Infamous Volunteer Speedway in Bulls Gap TN this weekend for a two day spectacular event.

“The Gap” know as one of, if not the fastest track in the country features 34 degree banking in the corners and 90 feet wide all the way around. The track was given a completely new surface this year as owner Joe Lovern sent in 300 loads of new dirt over the winter months. Lovern was quoted as saying “I want the best track in this country” and it looks like he is well on his way to doing just that. With a new Pavilion being built, new drag strip, new graveled parking up top for over 150 race teams and many more improvements, it looks as if Lovern doesn’t intend on stopping anytime soon. “Everytime I go there something is different” stated Fastrak Series Founder Stan Lester. “Joe has really made significant changes here since our race last year. There have been tons of dirt moved. This track was one of the best in the country and looks like Joe intends on keeping it that way. I can’t see where Joe is slowing down either. Even the entrance is new here”.

Fastrak and The Gap held the first ever “Late Model Blow Out” last year in a very similar format to this years event. Both nights last year were 75 laps and the racing was second to none. 53 cars entered the event on Friday night and 49 on Saturday night to make it the largest ever event for these late models. “Just making this show is a challenge” stated Fastrak Director Jody Palmer. “I know I didn’t make the show either night last year and I was looking forward to coming back and trying it again but unfortunately with my position as director now, I can’t do that. Bulls Gap is one of those tracks with a lot of “prestige” added to it and making the show in itself is a big deal but man if you win it is HUGE”!! “This is like winning the WORLD for Super Late Models. It is a big deal”.

The Fastrak Series will also host the new “Million Dollar Bonus Bucks” program at “The Gap”. The program designed by Series Founder Lester and supported by Maypole Chevrolet General Manager Judd Worley has proved to be one of the most aggressive marketing programs in the country. Every fan and team will receive $500 in bonus bucks as they enter the track. “This is a program that works for our tracks” stated Lester. Good towards any purchase of a new or used vehicle at Maypole Chevrolet in Toccoa GA, they get to make their best deal then pull out the bonus bucks actually giving the person $500 in REAL money towards their purchase.

Look for Regional and weekly points leaders from all over the country to be there. Chris Carlson in the C12 from Wisconsin, now leading the Mid West and Mid East Regional points will be on hand as will Lee Cooper in the 57 of South Carolina now leading the Southern Region points as well as Mike Bechelli of Indiana now leading the newly formed Indiana Region. “This is going to be a race of races” stated Palmer. “The team that leaves here either night winning an event can rest assure they have made a Huge accomplishment in their racing career and has earned the bragging rights for the year”.

Goodyear Racing PR Director, Lee Elder is making his way to The Gap from his home base in California. “Goodyear has been incredible to work with” said Lester. “Now our teams and press articles are also kept on the Goodyear racing site right along with NASCAR, NHRA and other series. It’s a big step for our teams. Being posted on the Goodyear web site is something only most teams dream of. “Justin Fantozzi, Greg Stucker, Larry Robinson, Kenny Tipton, Lee Elder and everyone at Goodyear have really been a big help. The engineers at Goodyear have developed the new G Series tires and they have been awesome. Lot’s of traction and very little wear. That saves the racers money and that’s what we are all about”.

“General Motors Performance Parts have been a great credit to our success. Bill Martens, Bob Cross and Jeff Kettman have all been a tremendous help to the series” stated Lester. “They build a great product and at the same time have provided great tech support for our teams. Without them Fastrak could have never grown at this rate. Would you rather have a $40,000 engine and race for $3000 or a $5000 engine and race for $3000? It just makes sense”.

www.fastrakracing.com

www.volunteerspeedway.com

Fastrak Racing Series Marketing Partners:

Goodyear Racing Tires, General Motors Performance Parts, Maypole Chevrolet, Ohlins Technologies, Sunoco Fuels, Bearden Oil Company, Duralite Wheels, CTC Photos. PPM Racing Products, Rapture Racing Carbs, Racing News, Raceiver.

Manufacturer Cup Participants:

Mastersbilt Racing Chassis, Rocket Racing Chassis, TNT Racing Chassis

Back