Pro-4 Cars at Pevely in 2010?

flhc1982

I heard a rumor that there will be no pro-4 racing at Pevely for the 2010 racing season, that the pro-4 cars will be going to Belle-Clair Speedway and that the Street Stock class would be coming to Pevely.:eek: Is this true? Does anyone know for sure?:confused: I've heard this a rumor that starts almost every year, but I would like to hear an "official" word on the matter. Also, if we are going to still race a four cylinder class at Pevely, will it still be a SOHC class or will it include DOHC cars as well? Any information would be highly appreciated.

Where did u hear this? I don't see why they would they have sportsman already and the pro4 has a really good car count..somebody official should speak up before ppl buy or build more pro4's

rules meeting

I am pretty sure Allied said they would address all of these pro4 questions at the Allied rules meeting. There's a post on stlracing.com about it. I think under the Stl Area Auto Racing Discussion forum. I would go find it for you, but im going out the door to class. Good luck finding it.

My opinion is that pro4 should stay at i55. They are a unique class and more and more people are watching them every week. I've noticed more people watching them in 2009 than years past and I believe it brings more diversity to the races.

Well find out soon enough what the ruling is.

Star

Thanks for the information. I'm working on a new car and wanted to make sure I wasn't wasting my time.

A few reasons off the top of my head--

--I'm not in this for $$ but for fun anyway, so what would be a payout of $30 or $40 at another track (in the range where I normally finish) is not an issue
--I respect the ownership at I-55
--I have found, generally (not true for every single car, but mostly true) a friendly, respectful atmosphere among pro-4 drivers that is not what I have heard about at many other tracks
--It's 10 miles from my house

In short, for me for this class, it is not about the money. There are a lot of other factors that decide what track I go to.

I don't know why people post stupid $hit on here?

Are you allowed to race for nothing? Your crew get in for nothing? SERIOUSLY DOUBT IT! 4cyl class isn't going anywhere fast TRACKS are making too much money having you show up!!!! This is why ppl post stupid $h!t on here

Are you allowed to race for nothing? Your crew get in for nothing? SERIOUSLY DOUBT IT! 4cyl class isn't going anywhere fast TRACKS are making too much money having you show up!!!! This is why ppl post stupid $h!t on here

If you guys wanna win money in racing step up to sportsman...the pro4's are for fun and paying $25 to get in sounds pretty fair..I'd rather have the trophy than $100

I remember when we only made a $100 to win a feature at Highland in a street stock. There is a lot more stupid $hit on 4m than there is on here.

Like it or not most track promoters love the passionate drivers, car count, and fan base from the 4-cyl class that means the all mighty $ for their race track. In return they are willing to have some great payouts to show their appreciation! What other class can you take a $200 car and win $3,100 in 7 races and $2,700 of that in 3 races? It surely isn't the Sportsman class? I for one would like to see I-55 step up their payouts to be more competitive with other tracks in the area. If they do and we show up, anyone that doesn't want their pay check can sign it over to me and I'll put it to good use.

So back to what this post was about in the first place, I also heard that hornets will be moved to Belleville and street stocks to Pevely. The people I heard this from said it was because the safety aspects that too many hornets had bad wrecks at I-55 so that was their reasoning. Not sure if this is true but I'm sort of curious as well...

Back