Pro-4 Double Feature Double Points Sat. June 18, 2011 at I-55 Raceway

marks44

Double the fun - Double the feature double the points in the Pro-4 class at I-55 Raceway on June 18, 2011.:cool:

This is the 2nd week in a row that there was a car sent home for a "car roll cage didn’t meet track safety standards". These are also cars that have run the Fall Nationals race for two years straight and past safety inspection with flying colors.. probably even have the little sticker on the roofs where the tech man signed off! I'm all for safety but what is going on down there people!!

This is the 2nd week in a row that there was a car sent home for a "car roll cage didn’t meet track safety standards". These are also cars that have run the Fall Nationals race for two years straight and past safety inspection with flying colors.. probably even have the little sticker on the roofs where the tech man signed off! I'm all for safety but what is going on down there people!!

Rules say 6 point cage not 4 point cage.

So if you wrap the "enclosed piping" in duct tape and then place a foam wrap around the tape are you legal or hiding something to make it look better than it really is?

If you are speaking of the 24 car that had the nerve to "sneak" on to the race track saturday at pevely, u did the officials let him on the track? He also did not have pvc pipe in the car when he went on the track in the heat race. After being told he was not allowed to run he was told if he welded metal pipe in he could run. He got the steel pipe and had the TRACK welder weld them in. When he asked to get re inspected he was told the welds looked like sh!t and he still couldnt run. After he told the official his own track welder put them in the official told him he would not trust anything he welded. (why have him if you dont trust his work). He also then told him he didnt have the right pipe anyway so it didnt matter. that car has ran there multiple times, and that car was also the ump champ car in 2009, never had a problem with the roll cage before. One thing i dont get about the down bars is most people weld them in right above the PLASTIC gas tank, what happens when them bars go through the floor and where are they going to go? Right through the gas tank.

That same car went to belleville the fist 2 weeks of the season and was teched as soon as it pulled in both times. Passed tech with no problems. Third week when we pull in the officials walk up oir trailer and tech both cars, said we were good to run. After the 24 wins his heat the officials come over and say he dq'd for no down bars. Also dq'd another car that normally run tri city for the same thing. But there was at least one car the i for sure know did not have down bars but did not get dq'd (possibly because this was a belleville regular?)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

If you are speaking of the 24 car that had the nerve to "sneak" on to the race track saturday at pevely, u did the officials let him on the track? He also did not have pvc pipe in the car when he went on the track in the heat race. After being told he was not allowed to run he was told if he welded metal pipe in he could run. He got the steel pipe and had the TRACK welder weld them in. When he asked to get re inspected he was told the welds looked like sh!t and he still couldnt run. After he told the official his own track welder put them in the official told him he would not trust anything he welded. (why have him if you dont trust his work). He also then told him he didnt have the right pipe anyway so it didnt matter. that car has ran there multiple times, and that car was also the ump champ car in 2009, never had a problem with the roll cage before. One thing i dont get about the down bars is most people weld them in right above the PLASTIC gas tank, what happens when them bars go through the floor and where are they going to go? Right through the gas tank.

That same car went to belleville the fist 2 weeks of the season and was teched as soon as it pulled in both times. Passed tech with no problems. Third week when we pull in the officials walk up oir trailer and tech both cars, said we were good to run. After the 24 wins his heat the officials come over and say he dq'd for no down bars. Also dq'd another car that normally run tri city for the same thing. But there was at least one car the i for sure know did not have down bars but did not get dq'd (possibly because this was a belleville regular?)

Funny how the story gets twisted around, isn't it??

Let's break this down and put out the whole story. I didn't want to get on here complaining even though I was pissed off after Saturday night at Pevely because nothing ever comes of the b*tching but I keep hearing all kinds of stories about the situation. I am the driver of the 24 car and went to Belleville three nights this year. The first night, the tech guy asked me which car I drove and we walked back to the car together, told me everything was good. Second night I'm there, he asks to look at my car again, I let him and tells me I'm good once again. Third night I show up, one of the officials walked up on our trailer before we even had the cars unloaded, looked at them and said nothing about an issue. After winning the heat race, they came running back to my car and told me I wasn't allowed to run the rest of the night. Three cars were disqualified for the night for not having rear down bars on their roll cage and I was fine with that until they kept looking over 2 cars that are regulars at Belleville that didn't have them. I was told they were checking every car and this showed me they were only checking certain ones. I didn't say anything about it because I didn't want to stir anything as one of those guys allowed to run is a good friend of mine. I never got too heated with the official, just wanted to know why he didn't tell me the first night and I would have put them in. He kept telling me it was because he never got around to checking me although I have many people who can vouch for me that he was back there looking at it every week. I let it go and just watched the rest of the night.

Come Saturday, my brother made a last minute decision to go down to Pevely, he's a young kid and just wanted to race. We never had time to put the down bars in because I hadn't planned on running any more allied events. Once he pulled in the pits, they told him he couldn't run without the down bars so his friend (a son of one of the officials) ran and bought metal tubing (not PVC pipe, which some cars out there have) and had the track welder weld them in. After they were in place, they told him he still wasn't running because the welds weren't good enough. This seemed to infuriate the welder as he tried to prove to them that they were safe as well. They still weren't going for it and told my brother that if they would allow him to run with the new down bars, that they would still have to disqualify him because the right rear stuck out too far from the fender. The car was wrecked last year at Pevely, where they allowed the 4 point cage to run, and the right rear fender was smashed in to the frame. Once the bent rear end was replaced, the tire stuck out farther than the pushed in fender, obviously. This riled my brother up and he was kicked out of the pits, not sure if he deserved it because I have seen worse things happen at a track with no retaliation from the track officials. That part does not bother me, but they also said anyone associated with the car, whether they argued about the call or not had their armbands removed as well. Now that's a joke! We try to support your track and that's how we get treated.

Either way, for some unknown reason, Allied didn't want that 24 car on the track that night. They'll get there wish because it will not be coming back to any event run by Allied. Good luck to the drivers that support them the rest of the year and hopefully you don't have the problems I have had with them.

Justin Suhre

If thats the story you got its not even close. He was kicked out because he took the car on the track after he was told not to. Roll bar padding was found TAPED in the car to make it look like down bars.

Unlimited may i ask who you are and how you would know he had padding taped around the down bars? The car is sitting in my shop the same way it left the track on saturday night. There is no pvc pipe and there is bars welded in. Ever sence when can you not put padding around roll cage bars? Contact the track welder and ask him youself if he welded bars in the 24 car. Dont come on here trying to accuse us of something we never did.

Before the car ever hit the track for the heat race, there were down bars welded by the track welder from the top of the cage to the floor in the rear of the car. Same as everyone else has. These bars are not even necessary to make a roll cage safe, but their rules. He should have been stopped from going on the track and completing the entire heat race before they realized it if he was not supposed to race. My question is, why wasn't he allowed to go out there if he had down bars properly welded in? And if they weren't good enough welds in their view, what does that say about their faith in their track welder? The car is sitting in the shop as was after the track welder touched it. I'll leave it that way and be at Tri-City and Highland this weekend if you'd like to come take a look at the safest roll cage ever to be deemed unsafe! :)

Let's break this down and put out the whole story. I didn't want to get on here complaining even though I was pissed off after Saturday night at Pevely because nothing ever comes of the b*tching but I keep hearing all kinds of stories about the situation. I am the driver of the 24 car and went to Belleville three nights this year. The first night, the tech guy asked me which car I drove and we walked back to the car together, told me everything was good. Second night I'm there, he asks to look at my car again, I let him and tells me I'm good once again. Third night I show up, one of the officials walked up on our trailer before we even had the cars unloaded, looked at them and said nothing about an issue. After winning the heat race, they came running back to my car and told me I wasn't allowed to run the rest of the night. Three cars were disqualified for the night for not having rear down bars on their roll cage and I was fine with that until they kept looking over 2 cars that are regulars at Belleville that didn't have them. I was told they were checking every car and this showed me they were only checking certain ones. I didn't say anything about it because I didn't want to stir anything as one of those guys allowed to run is a good friend of mine. I never got too heated with the official, just wanted to know why he didn't tell me the first night and I would have put them in. He kept telling me it was because he never got around to checking me although I have many people who can vouch for me that he was back there looking at it every week. I let it go and just watched the rest of the night.

Come Saturday, my brother made a last minute decision to go down to Pevely, he's a young kid and just wanted to race. We never had time to put the down bars in because I hadn't planned on running any more allied events. Once he pulled in the pits, they told him he couldn't run without the down bars so his friend (a son of one of the officials) ran and bought metal tubing (not PVC pipe, which some cars out there have) and had the track welder weld them in. After they were in place, they told him he still wasn't running because the welds weren't good enough. This seemed to infuriate the welder as he tried to prove to them that they were safe as well. They still weren't going for it and told my brother that if they would allow him to run with the new down bars, that they would still have to disqualify him because the right rear stuck out too far from the fender. The car was wrecked last year at Pevely, where they allowed the 4 point cage to run, and the right rear fender was smashed in to the frame. Once the bent rear end was replaced, the tire stuck out farther than the pushed in fender, obviously. This riled my brother up and he was kicked out of the pits, not sure if he deserved it because I have seen worse things happen at a track with no retaliation from the track officials. That part does not bother me, but they also said anyone associated with the car, whether they argued about the call or not had their armbands removed as well. Now that's a joke! We try to support your track and that's how we get treated.

Either way, for some unknown reason, Allied didn't want that 24 car on the track that night. They'll get there wish because it will not be coming back to any event run by Allied. Good luck to the drivers that support them the rest of the year and hopefully you don't have the problems I have had with them.

Justin Suhre

LMAO!!! You need to come in out of the sun and put the pipe down! You have some serious issues with the difference between reality and delusion!

Back