Pro 4 stocks???

ac04

Is that what the wanna be's are going to be called this year, or did I miss something? Or is this a bomber class, and no more wanna be's? I just read this on 1-55's schedule and saw the new name.

More respectful name???

Does this mean these guys will actually be paid SOMETHING? Or is this like the episode of Cheers when Rebecca gives out better titles but no money? In MY opinion if there not getting paid, the drivers should get in free.

I've got some good buddies who race this class, and I enjoy the class, but I do hope there are rules put in place to keep the drivers a little safer. There were more drivers hurt in this class last year than any other class combined.

good point!

Good point Pappa of 3P's about the safety issue. I feel the same, there were far to many people hurt last year. Of course if I'm not mistaken I beleive there were more cars week in and week out then there ever has been since this class started up. I still feel a pure street or pure stock class would be better for everyone and If I might ad probably safer also. What does everyone else think?

On the Pro 4 thing...
I think they sould be paid and Fredericktown will be running them this year the 2nd Friday of every month and the WILL be getting PAID. As far as safety goes, you as a driver can make it as safe as you want, but when you're not getting paid that's maybe not as easy to do.

If I-55 had a street stock class, I would be temped to maybe sell my ministock and do that instead. Closer to home and not much different in cost. Not saying I would, but it would be something to think about.

Yes, Pro 4 Stocks!!

As far as I know at this point we will be known as the AARA Pro 4 Stocks, that is the name that has been most favorably considered at the board meeting. I have been very active in bringing about the name change and some more track time for us as well. As far as payout goes, that has to do with Schrader/Marler enterprises and at this point there probably won't be one for this season at pevely. I'm sure there will be one sometime down the road. Speaking for myself, I would like to see some payout but lets be honest, that payout ain't making any money, and if money is your interest then racing may not be for you.

The safety issue is one that is the same no matter what class you are running. As far as injuries goes there were three ambulance carry outs last year in our class. Of those three one of them was an injury, one went to the hospital to be checked out but was not injured and the other did not even go to the hospital. There were broken bones in other classes last year so the way I see things, there is little to no difference and I can't understand why anyone would think otherwise unless they are mis-informed. Safety is driver responsibility and if you get in a car that don't have the harness secured properly or your seat bolted to the cage or frame, you stand a good chance of getting hurt and its no ones fault but your own.

Crazy, you must be crazy. There are several drivers there that would not be if it weren't for this class. While a pure stock car doesn't cost as much to build and maintain as a sportsman, it is considerably more than these four cylinder cars. And besides that these cars are harder to keep on the track than you might think. It is a challenge and its fun. Thats why we do it:D

SAFETY

PR 4 STOCKS, OR WANNA BEES, IN MY OPINION ARE ONE OF THE MOST UNSAFE FORMS OF RACING THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN. THE
WAY THAT THESE CARS ARE BUILT, IS AN INVITATION TO DISASTER, ESPECIALLY AT THE SPEEDS THAT THEY ARE RUNNING
AT I-55. I HAVE BEEN TO ALOT OF TRACKS AND LOOKED AT ALOT OF THESE CARS, I'VE SEEN CARS THAT ARE BUILT GOOD, AND CARS THAT I WOULDN'T EVEN PACK THE TRACK WITH. EITHER WAY, SINCE THE CAGES ARE BASICLY WELDED TO SHEET METAL
WITH THE SEATS MOUNTED TO THESE CAGES OR FLOOR PANS MAKE THEM MARGINAL AT BEST. SPEAKING FOR MYSELF ONLY,
I WOULD NOT LET THE LURE OF INEXPENSIVE RACING PUT ME AND
MY FAMILY'S WELL BEING IN JEOPARDY. JUST MY OPINIONS, WITH NO DISRESPECT TO ANYONE. BE CAREFUL OUT THERE.

?

well ive raced several diff. class at I-55 and its not only the PRO 4 STOCKS ive seen sportsmans and mods that i wouldnt get into because of the way they are built, but we shouldnt down the 4 cylinders because it is up to who is build the car to make it safe, ive had a 4 cylinder race car since they started and have had some hard hits and never have gotten hurt, I make sure the car is very safe, so what some of u are saying when JUMPER builds one of these 4 cylinders he isnt making it as safe as he would any other class of cars he builds, I think not he builds a very very safe car no mater if its a LATE MODEL or 4 CYLINDER.

I AGREE THAT SOME SORT OF $PAY$ WOULD BE NICE. BUT, AS IT IS NOW THEY DON'T RECEIVE MONEY. SO IF YOU BUILD ONE OF THESE DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT NOT GETTING PAID.

I THINK THE RACING SEAT REQUIREMENT IS A GOOD ONE. BUT, LIKE NINED9B AND ROB STATED, THERE ARE SOME CRUDE BUILT CARS OUT THERE. NOT JUST IN THE 4CYL CLASS. YES, IT IS UP TO THE DRIVER TO MAKE SURE HIS/HER CAR IS QUALITY BUILT AND SAFE. IT IS HIS/HER @$$ THAT IS ON THE LINE. BUT, THE RESPONSIBILITY IS ALSO ON THE SAFETY/TECH MAN. RALPH JOSEPH SHOULD BE A LITTLE MORE STRICT ON SOME CARS THERE. THE BAD PART IS, A LOT OF RACERS THINK THE "BAD ONE" WILL NEVER HAPPEN TO THEM.

SAFTEY

I THINK EVERYONE CAN AGREE THAT SAFETY IS A MAJOR CONCERN AND FROM WHAT I HAVE SEEN UNSAFE CARS ARE NOT IN ONE CLASS OR ANOTHER, ITS KIND OF EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, IT HAPPENS IN ALL OF THEM.

IN DEFENSE OF RALPH I MUST SAY THAT HE HAS A BUSY JOB LOOKING OVER THESE CARS. SO MANY PEOPLE SACRIFICE SAFTEY TO KEEP THE WEIGHT DOWN AND THEN CLEVERLY DISGUISE THE POTENTIAL PROBLEMS MAKING RALPH'S JOB THAT MUCH HARDER. HOWEVER, AFTER CONVERSATIONS WITH RALPH RECENTLY I THINK ITS SAFE TO SAY THAT ALL CLASSES WILL BE LOOKED AT MORE CLOSELY THIS YEAR. IF YOUR CAR IS WELL BUILT YOU HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT, IF NOT YOU BETTER GET IT FIXED.

NOBODY WANTS TO GET HURT AND IT IS YOUR JOB TO SEE THAT YOUR CAR IS SAFE, NOT RALPH'S

Don,
Don't forget about the special dates for the Pro 4 Stocks (listed as Stock RAMS) at the Fredericktown Raceway. It's always the second Friday of every month from April until September. Payout based on what you had described to me.
Millsey

Back