Problem in the pits???

44fanclubmom

When there are problems in the pits amongst the DRIVERS, isn't it best that the DRIVERS involved discuss the problem (rationally) between the two of them rather tha the FAMILY get involved also?? Yes, some races get "heated" during and after and tempers fly....but when the FAMILY or members or the PITCREWS get involved it seems to be esculated even more...alot of times the DRIVERS have already solved the problem.
DRIVERS.........go out and run the best races they can
FAMILY..........sit in the stands and cheer them on
PITCREW........work on the cars so that the DRIVERS can run a good race to make the FAMILY that cheers HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If it is done in this fashion.......isnt it better to have a GOOD NIGHT OF RACING, rather than a NIGHT OF HATE AND DISCONTENT?????

(Just my opinion)

There was no trouble in the pits!

First of all, familys do help work on race cars. Who do you think help to sponsor cars and drivers, financially and emotionally. Is there a rule that says family can't go in the pits? I guess your car has no family there except in the stands. Second, before you bad mouth anybody, maybe you should be where the crews and drivers are. From the stands you can only assume what is said or what is going on. Third, yes drivers do get heated, but when a pitcrew goes to a driver, should you stand there and let them take a chance of hurting that driver?
Fourth, as for after races in the pit area, no one that I know of was cursing or fighting. We have kids that are there also. Everyone is very nice around kids. Last, of course this is my opinion also, but know facts before talking. Also if you're not an Allied favorite, they only see what they want, not what anyone else does.:p

Mind your business please

On the other hand, as long as no one is bothering you, you should really stay out of peoples business. These kids put alot of time and money in their cars. Not to have them tore up. How many times have you seen someone hit their cars and do major damage, but not get black flagged? The Ponder's cars are two of the best looking cars on the field. Do you think they like fixing their cars every week because someone hit them? No they don't! More time and money!!! Maybe the officials should get their heads out of the dirt and watch all cars on the track besides their favorite cars. Then people wouldn't get so heated. Last year Scott had to get a new car because his car was hit so hard into the front wall. No one got black flagged did they? It's all who you are, not how good you are, atleast with Allied. These kids are good drivers, Allied officials will tell you that. One wrong move though and you're out! Maybe if you had alot of time and money in a car, you would understand our feelings also.

the ponders just got off on the wrong foot with allied. they were fast and rough the first year thats why they are watched so hard. ive seen them settle down and start to drive there asses off but i guess it takes a while to get the respect back/

Yes I did

Yes I did see what happened Friday night between Scott and Bateman! He came down into Scott and there was nowhere for Scott to go so he hit him. Things like that do happen on the track. Did you happen to see #3 (the white truck) when he hit Scott? Was anything said? Nope! Scotts pitcrew and family only walked over to see what was going on when Scott pulled in the pits after it happened. Batemans pitcrew was the ones who ran over to us. Yes the first year they were rough but they were just learning. Now they are very good drivers! You see alot of bumping and grinding in all classes but not always the black flag goes out. I'll tape it next Sunday and take it to Ralph so he can see what he missed.

I talked to Scott at Highland the night after the incident that got him thrown out at Belleclair last year. My opinion was that what he did was not that big of a deal, and I was there and looking right at him when it happened. But, I will say this about Scott Ponder; he never once bad mouthed Allied, Belleclair, or the other driver involved. He was totally cool with what happened, never complained at all. He just said it was the decision they took and he would live with it, since he was out at BC, he would run Highland. I was impressed with how much class he showed over the whole thing. I have been a Scott Ponder fan ever since, and I dont think they race any harder than anyone else over there, but like Sale said, when you're the new guy, you get looked at a little harder by the officials.

yes, but im part of the batemen pit crew, and after the races about 6 of the ponders came over to our trailer....we werent even doing anything, and next thing u new there were ponders and friends watching everything we did

Whatever...

I was also in the pits. The boys were talking to some friends. Then we went over to our trailers and left. No one was trying to cause any trouble after the races. I'm sure if they were the cops would've been over to our trailer. My point is its over. Let it drop and go on!

There were cops over by our trailer asking what was going on, we simply told them exactly what happend. nothing happend, simply because the cops were there. and it sure looked like they were planning on saying somthing until the cops showed up. we didnt want to cause trouble, we do this for fun. its also funny how they had to talk to friends right next to our trailer....

Whatever...

They weren't right next to your trailer. They have friends all over the track. This is how things get started, by people saying things that aren't true and if they were trying to start trouble then why didn't the cops say something to them? Go to bed it's passed your bedtime.

actaully, its not my bed time. and im not gonna sit here and argue with u i have better things to do. i know what happend and so do a bunch of people. we know the truth. so lets just drop it....OKAY?

It Looked Like!!

If you think they were going to do something. they would have done it anyway. you think anyone was going to stop them if they wanted to. GET REAL. :rolleyes: :p

Whatever...

I'm finished arguing. Like I said things happen on the track. Different people are always having different things happen. So that's racing. I just think unless you're right there and know exactly what's going on you should stay out of it! The Ponders are not the only ones that have ever hit anybody and I'm sure they won't be the last!

Back