Professional Racing Technology Starts For WoO Stacker 2® Late Model Series!

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Professional Racing Technology Starts For World Of Outlaws Stacker 2® Late Model Series This Week-End!!!

Colorado Springs,CO – April 6, 2005 – By Bret Emrick, World Of Outlaws Stacker 2® LM Series

When race teams compete in the World Of Outlaws Stacker 2® Late Model Series sanctioned events this Friday and Saturday, April 8th at “The Rock”/Allegany County Speedway and April 9th at Bill Sawyer’s Virginia Motor Speedway, the wave of the future for DIRT MotorSports will be on display. The AMB i.t transponder scoring system and the RACEceiver driver safety system will be used dramatically speeding the running of the show. Both systems are required to be used for competition in all World Of Outlaws Stacker 2® Late Model Series events.

AMB i.t, The Official Timing and Scoring System of DIRT MotorSports including the World Of Outlaws Stacker 2® Late Model Series, outfits the race cars with transponders, each with a unique number. As the race cars cross the finish line, the system called the TranX260, identifies each car’s transponder and relays the information to a computer. Now lap times are a breeze, and scoring becomes more efficient overall.

The purchase cost of an AMB i.t. transponder is $365.00 but with a 2005 World Of Outlaws Stacker 2® Late Model Series membership the purchase cost drops to $350.00. However, transponders may be rented by race teams entered in a sanctioned event for a nominal fee of $25.00 per race event.

RACEceiver, the Official Driver Communicator of DIRT MotorSports including the World Of Outlaws Stacker 2® Late Model Series, is a one-way compact radio receiver allowing racers to hear safety and line-up directions from a series official. At a purchase cost of $169.95, RACEceiver is discounted to a $150.00 purchase cost with a 2005 World Of Outlaws Stacker 2® Late Model Series membership. RACEceiver may be rented at a cost of $15.00 for race teams entered in a sanctioned event.

The device got quite a workout in the finale at Volusia Speedway Park in February with more than 10 caution periods in the 50-lap main event. A series offical was able to let the field know of trouble and exactly where it was at on the racetrack and helped the field during the caution realign itself much faster than in the past by letting the drivers know where exactly in the grid they belonged.

“They actually work pretty good,” said main event winner Tim McCreadie. “They help you line up easier and the official was real calm. There was no yelling or sceaming. He would say, ‘Yellow in Turn 2’ or ‘Debris, go low.’ It was a good deal. Mine worked flawlessly. I never had one problem with it.”

“They were most excellent,” said Clint Smith of the RACEceiver device. “We knew what was going on under caution. When Steve Francis was on fire, they were telling him. Toward the end of the race when we we had to deal with the tear-away situation, we knew we were going to stop briefly. It made a big difference. I had no problems with them. They’re excellent.”

The World Of Outlaws Stacker 2® Late Model Series is brought to the fans across the country by several sponsors and partners, including series sponsors Stacker 2®, Hoosier Racing Tire, Sunoco Race Fuels, VP Racing Fuels, and SPEED CHANNEL. Promotional Partners include AMB i.t., RACEceiver, HUMMERSGONEWILD.COM, Zippo Lighters, and The University of Northwestern Ohio. Contingency sponsors include DART Machinery, MSD Ignitions, Wrisco Industries, and Quarter Master.

Back