Pure Stocks at I-55

Dave34

With the car count stuck at 5 the last two weeks.....just curious to see who out there is currently finishing a pure stock to race at I-55 this year and if there is anyone else that is planning on running but hasn't had a chance yet.

I know I've talked to a couple guys who say they are close to being ready. I'm confident if we can add a car each week until we get over 10-12 we'll be locked in for the year.

FYI, with only 5 cars showing up...the payouts are very good (they haven't cut the purse at all)...and it's a great place to test your car against Mr. Ems as he's super fast and smooth. Hope to see more cars and the class grow at I-55 this year.

Good luck,

Dave Armstrong

Dirtboy...I haven't heard anything but I know 5 cars wouldn't cut it for me if I was running a track.

Randy....Same a Belleville. I guess the good thing about 5 cars showing up is you get a top 5 payout.

Aj, hope to see you down at I-55 soon. You're a good fast clean racer.

Yeah but a lot of guys aren't willing to make that drive because you know how it is gas in the car and truck, getting in , and etc. you are probably already before the night starts even if you clean house that night ya know so they would rather stay home and that is what is going to terminate the street stocks a pevely I love seeing them there but I don't think it will last unless pevely gives them something more motivating to make that drive.

I agree...it will take some time for guys more local to pevely to build cars. Almost all the current cars are on the Illinois side. I think it can work but might take a while.

I would come down and run nut as soon as I kept ip or beat ems id be sitting,in,the infield with a official wanting to take a head off or a pan and thats not worth it to me. We all know hes not that fast and being legal to. Theres noway. He has and continues to get shown favortism and until that stops why wast my time or anyone elses,. He has been shown favortism at two local tracks now.

Dave I do appreciate the invite but its hard to change my mind when I know what will happen. But like I said when they stop showing favortism and do what is right ill just stay where im at and thats stay at home on jack stands. You are not going to tell me he can go to 2 tracks and dominate like he does and be legal. Someone correct me if im wrong but I dont believe allied has a claim rule where the drivers can do the claimimg instead of the offickals. I may be wrong on that and if I am please correct me! If they would let the drivers do the claimimg I would show uo and do some claiming myself as I know few whos not legal.

Not a claim rule, but they have protest rules.. You can put up the cash and protest.

My apologys Jimmy. I did mean protest not claims like I was sayibg. I did not know they had protest rules. Thanks for correcting me. Now does it state what part or parts can be protested or is open as to what can be protested?

PROTESTING: Cars running in a restricted class should
be fully prepared for inspection at any time. Bring the
necessary parts and personnel to re-install.
1. All cars MUST pass a technical inspection. You MUST
be a participating driver or registered owner of a car
participating in the race program that night to submit a
protest.
2. You have thirty (30) minutes after the results of any
race is posted to protest the finish of that race. After thirty
(30) minutes has elapsed, no protesting of the finish will
be allowed. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CHECK
THE FINISH TO SEE THAT YOU ARE SATISFIED. If
it is determined that an error was made in scoring, the
points and money will be adjusted accordingly.
3. Cost to check bore & stroke and c.c. head is $150.00.
To remove the oil pan and check anything in the motor
is $300.00 A minimum of $10.00 cost for a protest is
required for a visual inspection. Any protest for legality
MUST be made within 15 minutes after their respective
feature is completed. ALL protests MUST be specific and
in writing as to what is to be checked.
4. Cars protested will be torn down at a cost designated
by the protest man. This cash money will be turned over
to, and held by, the protest man until a determination as
to legality is made. If the car is found to be illegal, the
money will be refunded. If the car is found to be legal, the
protested car owner will receive the money. During the
tear-down ONLY the protest man, two (2) men from the
protested car, the protester, and designated Officials will
be permitted in the impound area.
5. Illegal parts may be confiscated by the association.

Tear him down you will be disappointed. That car handles. You could swap your driveline and have the same results. I talked with Randy after he drove it he said it will stick wherever he drove it and that he has never drove a car that felt that good,(he has driven some good purestocks of his own) Im not bashing anyone but your wasting your time.

We will be making the trip the week after this weekend. Just keep having little issues and want the car at 100 percent. I would love to run against Ems. I think we have something for him. lol

Tear him down you will be disappointed. That car handles. You could swap your driveline and have the same results. I talked with Randy after he drove it he said it will stick wherever he drove it and that he has never drove a car that felt that good,(he has driven some good purestocks of his own) Im not bashing anyone but your wasting your time.

I have to agree 100 percent. That car is just on!! I dont know what they have done to it to make it that was but its the same as was last year. That car is awesome and whoever wrenches it should get a medal. Heck....probably make me even look like a good driver..........lol

Hey Faust fan . Were you joking when you said Ems wasn't that fast???Not sure if you have ever run against him , but he is one of the fastest street stocks out there.

I think everyone knows Ems is very fast....let's keep on track here and try to get more cars at pevely on a weekly basis. It's a great track to race.

I agree...good luck. If we can sell our sportsman and get a street stock.........we would go there once in awhile for sure

Back