Pure Street Rule

NBMS

Just wondering if there was a time frame for the official Pure Street rules to be published. Will they be like Benton/Malden?

Our Pure Street rules are the same as Malden/Benton except the weight is 2,950 and the vacuum is slightly less (16 at 1000 rpm). Other than that they are the same. Nothing somebody couldn't easily make an adjustment to. Also we have switched to asphalt take offs this year like those other two track.

thats cool!! i talked to leo kiefer friday and he said some of the pure streets from benton were wanting to come to the rock and race in 2003 due to the fact that benton had opened up the engine rules to match maldens, which, as i understood allowed vortec heads. but their were some concerns over the vaccum rule. but i wouldnt be suprised to see Leo and the neager boys back at the rock for 2003.

Pure Street Rules

That greaqt! So as I understand it all the rules are the same except the weight and possibly vaccume. Because there were nasty rumors floating around that The Rock wasn't allowing Vortec heads. Thanks for the good news.

:)

Vortec Heads?????

NBMS: Back up a minute!!!!The ROCK does not allow Vortec heads in their current rules. There would have to be several rule changes to facilitate Vortec heads of which we are reluctant to apply this year. For example, intakes must be stock cast iron and to the best of my knowlege Vortecs utilize aluminum and would require some machine work to facilitate the cast intake. This is just one example for I know there are a lot of you guys that are a lot smarter than I am on this issue but nonetheless, I just wanted to straighten this out. By the way, I know time is getting short, but I am working to update the rules as quickly as I can for disbursement. Thanks....Denny

Pure Street Rules

Glad someone spoke up because that rule alone makes a big difference. The first reply I received said same as Malden/ Benton except weight and vacuume. This is much different because if I use the engine rules for the Rock I will not be competitive at ATPRP and if I use ATPRP engine rules I will be illeagal at the ROCK! This is definately bad news! :eek:

Pure street rules vs. economics

NBMS: We at the ROCK entertain the philosophy that economics play a very important role in a racers ability to compete for the complete season. Personally, I have taken a few checkered flags myself and we always started the season with new stuff, plenty of money, and make every race we possibly get to but, just like a large majority of racers, we ended the season running used parts, broke, and in to it with our significant other. Every year I am bombarded with requests to let the rules go from deep-pocket racers that show no regard for the low-budget racers and/or could care less but I do care for I know as well as a lot others that more motor turns into more dollars very quickly. Besides, you may want to talk to Pearl Jam for it is my understanding he faired pretty well at Benton with his ROCK motor last year. Thanks....Denny

Deep Pockets

Denny,

I also understand the economics of racing. I know our pockets are not near deep enough, however I was just trying to get verification of rules. Almost a month away and there is a need to know. At first I'm told rules for the Rock are same as Benton and Malden with the exception of Weight and vacuume. Then I wanted to verify because of the Vortec Head thing. Ok you straightened me out on that, I guess. But you know how the rules thing is, if you dont see them in writing, because of the economics, you dont spend the money on anything period. Because as soon as you do, someone changes their mind and it usually cost money when that happens.

Anyway, because of the economics, I'm just trying to find out what the Rock rules are going to be so that we can determine where we are going to run or what the full extent of our program will be. I already have the other rules so Im done bugging those guys.

Thanks

NBMS, you come race with us on a regular basis and you can bug the heck out of us all you want. However:

WARNING, WARNING, WARNING!!!
The Pit B1tch is pregnant and is due in August!!! SO BE AFRAID!! BE VERY AFRAID!!!

LOL

Don't forget, we're paying $400 to win the Pure Street feature on Sunday, May 4th!!

Millsey there is also another little racer going to be born this year
Lenny terell and his wife are expecting there first child (boy is what the ultrasound showed) he drives the K5 monte carlo and the 57 regal last year in the purestreet division

Congratulations Lenny and family.

From all of us at the ROCK, congratulations to the Terrell family on your new addition and we sincerely welcome him to our ever expanding racing family. By the way, I always wondered what you guys do on a rainout, NOW I understand!!!!! LOL

that one advantage of living 20 minutes from the track:D or was it from the month off mmmmmm........ hey Denny are you feeling old yet?????????? GRANDPA DENNY!!!!!

smurf out

Old????

Smurf, I felt old after two years at the rock. Nonetheless, I'm having an absolute blast with my grandson and I don't mind saying he has taught me alot this past year and with another grandbaby coming ,,,,oh well..... I saw a ladies shirt the other day that read: IF I'D HAVE KNOWN MY GRANDKIDS WERE GOING TO BE THIS MUCH FUN, I WOULD HAVE HAD THEM FIRST!! LOL See ya.......Denny

yeah having to listen to us racers gripe would make a man get grey(or bald) quick!!!well Denny hope we all have a great year this year at the rock see you soon.

Complete 2003 Pure Street Rules

BODY

1. Any American coupe or sedan.

2. Body may not be shortened, sectioned, or have chopped tops.

3. Stock firewall and stock floor pan must extend to rear of drivers seat. NOTE: Boxing to facilitate
drivers compartment is acceptable but must be structured to include existing pan and firewall.
Firewall may be relocated to allow access to transmission bolts but must not exceed 6 inches from
back of distributor and/or intake.

4. Frame must remain stock and must conform to stock bodies. NOTE: Wheelbase to include metric
frames....108 inches minimum......115 inches maximum.

5. Fenders must be stock but can be cut/trimmed to facilitate tire clearance.

6. Sub-frame cars must be tied together under the car. NOTE: These type vehicles must consist of
sub-frame for connections. Any attempts to modify the frame other than the standard tie-together
will be determined as illegal and will be at the sole discretion of the appropriate official.

7. Front and rear bumpers in stock position required. All bumpers (front and rear) must be presented
in a manner that offers no sharp corners and must be constructed to prevent hooking. NOTE: Bumpers
must be securely mounted (welded and/or bolted). Absolutely no bunji cords!! Loose and/or dragging
bumpers may result in a black flag.

8. Nose and grill may be replaced with plastic nose piece but must consist of minimum 2 inch steel pipe
behind plastic nose for bumpers.

9. Nerf bars must not exceed 1 inch from outside of body.

10. Fuel cell is mandatory. No boat tanks or homemade gas containers allowed. Trunk flooring may be
removed to mount cell and must maintain a minimum of 12 inches for ground clearance.

11. Battery may be relocated but not in drivers compartment and must be securely mounted. NO BUNJI
CORDS!!

12. All glass and flammable material(s) must be removed.

13. Cars must have a minimum 6 point roll cage, 1 1/2 inch minimum diameter pipe, securely welded to
frame. Three (3) drivers side door bars required. No black and/or galvanized pipe allowed. Roll
cages may be set-back to the very front of the rear trailing arm front mount but must not exceed a
20 degree lay-back.

14. Drivers seat must be securely mounted.

15. Aftermarket pedals will be allowed as long as brakes are not adjustable. (NO BRAKE SELECTOR
VALVES!!!) Must have three (3) working brakes. Right front not mandatory. No Wilwood calipers.
Rotors, calipers, and drums must be stock.

16. All cars must have chain or cable in front and rear for wrecker pick-up.

SUSPENSION

1. Stock suspension in stock location. Control arms to include mounting brackets must remain in stock
location on frame. No shortening and/or lengthening of mounting brackets on rear end allowed.

2. No weight jacks, wedge blocks, and/or air shocks allowed.

3. Shocks must be in stock location. One shock per wheel. NOTE: Incorporation of 9 inch Ford rearend
to certain types of cars must present every effort to mount shocks as close to stock location as
possible. Technical officials decision will be final!!!!

4. Lowering will be allowed.

5. Right front safety hub is optional.

6. No sliders.

REAR ENDS

1. Rear end must be locked and/or posi-trac.

2. 9 inch Ford rear end permitted.

3. Rear disc brakes permitted.

4. No 3/4 truck rear ends allowed.

TRANSMISSION

1. Stock manual or stock automatic transmission with stock torque converter. Torque converter must be
full size and operational. Manual transmission must be inclusive of all working components as
designed. Any attemp to remove any intregal transmission components in an effort to diminish rotating
weight will be determined illegal. All gears must be operational. (NO TRICK TRANSMISSIONS!!!)

2. Stock flywheel, clutch , and pressure plate. No nogural, aluminum, and/or 10,000 RPM flywheels
allowed. Resurfacing allowed but thinning or turned down flywheels will be illegal. Clutch must be
stock 10 inch with springs. No button and/or triple disk clutch allowed. Pressure plate must be stock.

3. No aluminum drive shafts.

4. Drive shaft loop required.

5. Drive shaft must be painted white.

6. Safety bellhousing or blanket recommended. No cutawqy bell housings allowed. Must be full housing
to promote safety.

WEIGHT

1. Car must weigh minimum 2950 lbs. with driver after race. Top three (3) cars must weigh after feature
race. NOTE: Track officials can weigh any car at any time. This is a no tolerance minimum weight and
any car not weighing 2950 or above will be disqualified. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!! Bolt on weights must
be painted white and must include car number.

OFFICIALS NOTE: Scales will be set-up and operational when pit gates open to allow any car to weigh
at any time. It is YOUR responsibility to insure your car makes the minimum required
weight at any time during competition. Fredericktown raceway scales are certified
annually and are the only scales officials reference to document a legal weight. All
others do not count.

TIRES

1. 60 or 70 series passenger car tire, radial or bias ply, and 10 inch asphalt take-off’s . No mixing and
matching. Cars must run all asphalt take-off’s or all passenger car style tires. Any combination of the
two will be illegal.

2. 8 or 10 inch steel wheels.

3. Bead locks allowed on right side only.

4. Grooving will be allowed. No mud grips.

5. One (1) inch lug nuts mandatory.

FUEL

1. Racing gas permitted.

2. No nitrous oxide or alcohol permitted.

ENGINES

1. 362 cubic inch MAXIMUM. Motor to be stock GM to GM, Ford to Ford, etc.

2. Stock cast iron heads only. NO VORTEC!! No porting or polishing.

3. Stock rocker arms only. No rollertip or rollerrocker arms permitted.

4. Screw in studs and guide plates allowed.

5. Aftermarket camshafts are allowed. No rollers.

6. Must pull 16 inches of vacuum @ 1000 RPM. Vacuum to be pulled from intake. Motors shall have
plug on intake for pulling vacuum. NOTE: Top 3 cars will be checked after feature race or at track
officials discretion.

OFFICIALS NOTE: Tech officials will, upon request and if possible, pull vacuum on your car with the
track guages as a courtesy to those that are in doubt and/or desire confirmation as to
meeting the required minimum vacuum as stated in rule #6. Any and all other guages
other than track guages will not be considered as constituting a legal vacuum. This
rule is to be construed as a no tolerance rule. Any cars failure to pull the 16 inches
minimum requirement will be considered illegal and will be disqualified immediately
no matter the circumstances. It is YOUR responsibility to insure your car meets this
minimum requirement.

7. Flat-top or dished pistons only. Cast or forged acceptable.

8. Stock rods (aftermarket rod bolts acceptable).

9. Cranks: must be stock crank. No stroker and/or aftermarket cranks allowed.

10. Stock HEI or point distributor. No aftermarket ignitions, supercoils, and/or magnetos.

11. Stock cast iron intake only. 2 or 4 barrel OK. No aluminum and/or high performance intakes.

12. Carburetor spacer not to exceed 2 inches in height.

13. Stock manual fuel pump. No electric or belt driven pumps.

14. Headers or exhaust manifolds allowed. No 180 degree and/or cross-over headers behind motor

15. Carburetor can be no larger than Holley #4412-500 CFM 2 barrel and must pass inspection from top
side with guage. (Must be stock venture, 13/8 inch).

16. Distributor must have pigtail to facilitate tach hook-up for pulling vacuum.

17. Casting numbers on block must be legible and not covered, defaced and/or altered.

PROTEST RULES FOR PURE STREET CLASS

1. Vacuum protest..........$25.00 (MUST BE DECLARED WITHIN 15 MINUTES OF COMPLETION
OF FEATURE TO TECH OFFICIALS.)

2. All visual protest(s) i.e. clutch, flywheel, driveshaft, etc........$50.00 (MUST BE DECLARED
WITHIN 15 MINUTES OF COMPLETION OF FEATURE TO
TECH OFFICIALS.)

3. Engine protest(s)...............Carburetor and intake.............$100.00
Head........................................$150.00
Bore and Stroke.....................$200.00
Complete engine teardown $300.00

ALL PROTESTS MUST BE DECLARED WITHIN 15 MINUTES OF COMPLETION OF FEATURE TO
TECH OFFICIALS.

Track will receive $25.00 for any and all engine teardowns.

Any and all protests will be completed immediately upon notification and any refusal to respond to subject protest will result in immediate disqualification, forfeiture of money and points for the night, and will result in a two (2) week suspension, and must pass tech inspection before re-entry will be allowed. All decisions by technical officials are final!!!!!!!

Back