Purse Increases Again for 2003 Show-Me 100

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
West Plains Motor Speedway
11th Annual Show-Me 100
Thursday through Saturday, May 22-24
By Larry Olson

ASH FLAT AR. Even though the Holidays are still a recient memory, racing season will be here quicker than you think. Once again, the first big event in 2003 will be the 11th Annual Show-Me 100 at the West Plains Motor Speedway.

Don and Billie Gibson, owners and promotoers of the West Plains Motor Speedway have posted their annual purse increase for this race, making it even more attractive than ever to dirt racers all over the country. The 11th edition of red clay classic will see the winner pocket $37,000 this year, with the race paying $3,700 just to start. GRT will put $1,500 in the pocket of the driver that sets fast time.

Even though the purse continues to improve with each year's Show-Me, the Gibson's haven't changed the winning format of the program. Thursday, May 22 will be the practice night followed by the popular Bar-B-Que dinner, hosted by the Gibson's at the "Blue Building" behind turn's 3 and 4.

Friday, May 23 will be qualifying night at the Show-Me. Each car will time trial qualify, and will be followed by the Past Champions Race, and the Manufacturer's Dash. The Modifieds will also be on hand in a support role, and will qualify through heat races that night.

Championship Night will be on Saturday, May 24. Qualifying isn't through for the Late Models however, as they will run six, 20 Lap heat events with the top three cars qualifying for the feature. Three more last chance qualifiers will advance six more cars, and the 100 Lap Championship Feature will follow. The Modifieds will also transfer the balance of their field from last chance qualifying races, and they will run for $1,000 to win their feature event.

One rules change for this year's edition of the Show-Me 100, will be the use of double-file restarts. Since Mooney Starr's successful Mid-America Racing Series debut'd in 2000, more and more tracks and series have adopted this fan friendly rule. For the first time in 2003, the Show-Me 100 will put this rule into practice.

Drivers can pre-register right now by sending a $175 entry fee to the West Plains Motor Speedway. Driver's entering after May 1 will pay $225. Fans can order reserved front stretch tickets now as well. Camping is allowed at the Speedway. Make plans now to spend your Memorial Weekend at the West Plains Motor Speedway for the 11th Annual Show-Me 100.

Call Gibson racing at 1-870-994-7447. You can visit the West Plains Motor Speedway on the World Wide Web at http://www.westplains-speedway.com.

Back