Queen's royale roll call

What sprint car drivers are coming for the big sprint car show tonight? It oughta be a great show!!

Danny The Dude maybe Brian Brown but dont bet on it. Maybe Danny Smith thats about it I bet. Too many other races going on 360 show at W.Memphis and All Stars at Eldora. So Wilson and McCarl I know are there not here.

The Queen's Royale has become a pathetic joke! 26 sprints, that is awful! I can remembr back when I was younger that you could expect around 60 sprints to be there. Them were the good ole days!

What's pathetic is.... People that can't be happy that they have a track to race and watch racing at..... I guess the ****y economy doesn't have anything to do with it????

Oh all you who jump to quick conclusion! Did I once say in my post that SFCR is pathetic? I am not dumb, I know the economy ****s! I was just saying it was a shame that due to the economy and other circumstances we don't get to see the big car counts! No tracks get near the car counts they used to. I was just stating that it was a shame that its no longer like the old days when on a Saturday night you would have a good car count. I remember growing up watching Joey Nash, Tony Weyant, Tim Montgomery, The Standridge brothers and many others duke it out on a weekly basis. I never once blamed the owners for the Queen's Royale ****ing! So before you start throwing hits at me, read it a little better. So no one should be dissapointed that only 26 sprints showed up?

$4,100 is nothing to sneeze at. I think an effort was made to get cars there. As a promoter, you can't help who doesn't come through the gate.

$4,100 is nothing to sneeze at. I think an effort was made to get cars there. As a promoter, you can't help who doesn't come through the gate.

Exactly, and that is why I never blamed SFCR. With Gas prices (even though they have dropped) it makes it tough to drive a long distance. Plus with other big races that weekend they are not forced to drive that far. In my previous posts I just meant it was a shame that we can no longer count on having 60 cars show up for a big race at SFCR.

SFCR lies about who's going to be there every year since corys had the track.. Whats new !!!!

LOL The last time I recall anyone "advertised" as being at SFCR was Jason Sides back in the NST days. I was at Jacksonville on Friday night when he blew the engine in hotlaps, loaded up and went back to Memphis and was not at SFCR to race and sign autographs the next night. As for the Dud, I heard him myself on the radio saying he would be there!?? Ask him why he was not. The car count for the QR was about what I figured 25 - 30. The previous weekend IL and IA had back to back Friday-Saturday shows paying $4000 to win each night and only drew 25 and 28 cars. Lots of sprint races last weekend, WI, OH, PA, AR all had big sprint shows that would account for a few cars staying close to home. Hopefully next year the QR will be on a more favorable date. Looking forward to next year already.

so why is it that you are so quick to defend THE track oh becuse you work there. i do'nt care who you are there alot of thing that could be improved about the way things are done pemoting the track two day shows special shows (ascs,allstars 305's multys) the ole saying is you have to spend it to make it and the special shows is the ONLY way that it will make money and the fans happy.

Some people wouldn't be happy if the world of outlaws ran at the track every weekend, with free admission and beer.

so why is it that you are so quick to defend THE track oh becuse you work there. i do'nt care who you are there alot of thing that could be improved about the way things are done pemoting the track two day shows special shows (ascs,allstars 305's multys) the ole saying is you have to spend it to make it and the special shows is the ONLY way that it will make money and the fans happy.

If you consider working the modified pill draw working there then I guess I do. Not defending anyone, just making a statement that is true. Bruce is correct, people like you would never be happy no matter what. Until you have the guts to sign your name to your post, which you don't, no one will ever take you seriously. Jeff Watson

wow bruce really world of outlaws and free admission and beer every week. I guess ill be the first to complain about the beer lines then :p

well i would not have one brand tire just a spec type they could see what most everybody els runs and go from there BUT on special shows run what ever they usually run.

Back