Question about Fulton

racerman

Heard a rumor Fulton was going to go to USRA rules for the A-Mod, B-mod and street stock class next year. Any one know if this is true or heard anything else?

Wouldn't be suprised, several regulars there travel west to Lucas among other places that run those rules. They also try to isolate themselves to keep cars from going Saturdays to Montgomery Motorsports park. There have been several make MMP their priority and stop running Fulton. Not a good decision in my opinion to align with Tracks 100+ miles away rather than only 30miles. Guess its the influence of the teams with the money to travel? I hope the rumor is not true.

USRA has an awesome, fair set of rules in every class they have. Staley and his guys have their stuff together with the racers coming first! Only bad part with Fulton going to it would be the b-mods. Pretty much all those "outlaw" b's that run Fulton would have to get new cars, motors, etc because of the "sportmod" rules they run. Rumor has it Moberly is being purchased so if they both went USRA it'd be beneficial! West Plains, Humboldt, Winston, Lamonte, Grain Valley, Wheatland, Springfield all run USRA and have great success with them!

I agree they do have a nice fair set of rules in all classes. I would love to see fulton and MMP go back to a usra type street stock. I understand you thought on the B-mods but I think in the long run sport mod is where most tracks will be. Who runs an open type of B-mod anymore besides Fulton and MMP?

When Tri-City has b-mods theyre open type rules. Lake Ozark when they were open, Farmington, and Doe Run all run basically open rules. I like the sportmods from a cost standpoint but it's a major change from what were running now.

I see them only changing the A mods. And the possibility of moberly really changes the picture. I see MMP only being UMP with all their STL connections. Interesting to wait and see.

Back