Question about Hammerle at Belleville?

Racerrod

racerrod
I am a Hammerle fan and had 2 questions from last nights racing at Belleville.

1) How come he didn't get to carry the American flag during the National anthem? Don't they usually use last weeks feature winners?

2) What happened to him in the feature as he was not in the top 18??

Thanks.

RacerRod

I dunno racerod! I always sit with frankie martins wife and family and we had no idea why he was carrying it! We all didnt know why frankie was and hammerly wasnt so i cant answer that! But the reason he didnt finish in the top 18 is because with a few laps left he and another car got together in turn 3 and he didnt finish

About who carried the flag...

I'm not sure, because I had a lot of last minute sign-ups at the Junior Fan Club table, but I think they used the winners from the last week of racing due to the special remembrance for Donnie Odum, Jr. last week.

Kenny Helmick #27 Late Model carried the flag in memory of his pitcrew man Donnie after he was senselessly murdered on his way to work a few weeks ago in E. St. Louis. Allied asked the winners of the past week's races if they would mind postponing their turn in memory of Donnie Odum, and they all graciously agreed. That would make it Frankie Martin's turn to carry the flag this week.

This is just my reasoning, so I don't know if this is the real answer or not. :rolleyes: :confused:

Back