question about leaf cars??

flyinhigh

can a leaf spring car be setup to be competative with all the 2 link,4 link and z link cars.i heard they can but it takes alot.also what all does it take on a leaf cr to be competative.are there any top runners on leafs?thnx alot..

leaf cars

when i first started i ran a leaf car and it took a little more work to get it dialed in,but once i did man it was fast.i have run alot of different link cars and i will be goin back to a leaf car this year.my buddy also runs good with a leaf car...good luck

Leafs

There's an interesting thread on leaf springs on the afcoracing.com website. Go to their message board, into oval track section, and then the open wheel modified archives. I believe the thread is titled "stack leaf suspension", or something like that. It was on the first page.

Best Wishes

I know that there is a leaf spring on the market that is made out of a composite material. They weigh so much less than regular leaf springs.

Tony Fraise using a Mono RR, Stack LR won 2 USMTS Features in 2003 plus two seconds. One of the US features was the Friday night $6,000.00 to win show at Deer Creek with all the big dos there. Also 2 track titles and 22 feature wins for 2003.

In 2002 John Vandenberg won 2 of the last 5 features in USMTS season including the $5,000.00 final.

Also in 2003 Brian Edel won the IMCA North Central Region Rookie of the year running a FR-1 Leaf chassis and also won the Track title at Eldon, IA.

Jack Stotts won 12 features at Winston, MO this year in a Stack LR, mono RR in the A modified class.

All these tracks had many brand name cars and you know the USMTS features have some of the best in the business.

Leaf suspensions will work when done right. In Illinois it has been proved by Scooter May (fast boys) and I understand the Buzzard cars are also good with leafs.

Leafs are extreamly fast and consistent, but If you notice everyone states "if done right" Theirs more to seting up leafs than it seems. The guys that really know whats going on with them aren't going to tell you the secrects. That's what "done right" means. That's why after dicken around with swing-arm for the past 5 years I'm going back to leafs. They take a little more maintaince thou. I prefer to build my own cars but if you what to get a extremely fast leaf car out of the box, get a Racemart 1st choice then a dirtworks.

Back