Question about restarts

Crimzon

I thought on a restart you are suppose to stay behind the car in front of you ... in the a-mod feature brent thompson had the nose of his car along side where the driver sits of moser's car on the inside on the restart ... am i wrong on saying that restart should have been done over ??

The rules say no PASSING before the cone, so as I see it as long as you don’t PASS its fair game. Personally I think the cone thing is the single most ridicules thing in racing, Start the race out of 4 and when the green waives you go racing. Most places we have raced before do it that way and have a lot less restart issues. It really ****s when you get caught up in something and have to go to the back behind some that stays 10 car lengths behind.

Well I figured that bruuuuuuuuuce .. laughin to self .... i agree efr ... the thing that gets me though is if you see another driver besides brent do it he gets put in the back ... and thats whats sux about favoritism ... dont get me wrong the race between brent and billy the kid was awesome ... one of the best between of those two i've seen ... but seeing the same guy win week after week after week gets old ... it pisses the fans off as well as other drivers and thats when you see a decline of cars in the lineup ... but i was asking a simple question hopefully didnt piss anyone off

welll i think when it says do not pass before the cone it means dont have ur nose of ur car in front of te other guys in front of u so y should u be crying about this when joey montgerey jumps the start almost every time thanx

i think that on the restarts that if the car in front of you is spinning out on the infield and cant keep up with the pack there should be some acception. i feel that i got the shaft the other night and that is bullsh*t!

I don't think 2 cars could pass the cone unless it was not put close enough to wall and I know they didn't go below the cone so all is good!

this is directly from the rule book:

4. Cars will restart single file nose to tail. No passing until you pass the cone.

it says NOSE TO TAIL!!!!!!

Well I figured that bruuuuuuuuuce .. laughin to self .... i agree efr ... the thing that gets me though is if you see another driver besides brent do it he gets put in the back ... and thats whats sux about favoritism ... dont get me wrong the race between brent and billy the kid was awesome ... one of the best between of those two i've seen ... but seeing the same guy win week after week after week gets old ... it pisses the fans off as well as other drivers and thats when you see a decline of cars in the lineup ... but i was asking a simple question hopefully didnt piss anyone off
How many features did Brent win last year??:confused:

I'm not just talkin about Brent there are other drivers that do the same thing ... I would agree goin to double file restart out of turn 4

do restarts on the front stretch instead of the back stretch. it takes a lap and a half to complete one lap when you start on the back stretch or go to what just about every other track has went to which is a deleware double file. ps i dont miss the drama hehehe

Back