Question about Talker Guy?

jh11zracefan

Collins Fan
When did Mike start announcing at 55 and Belleville? Where did he get his start?

Thanks

I think Mike started announcing at a drag strip near Mt.Vernon,Ill
Mike also drag race at the old Alton Drag strip in the 60'S

Mike started announcing the quarter-midget races first for the Metro St. Louis Quarter-Midget Racing Association (MSLQMRA) back when they were at their original home near the Jaycees in O'Fallon, IL. (They later moved to St. Louis International Raceway and then Bunker Hill, IL.)

Then he went to the I-57 dragstrip.

He also announced demolition derbies throughout the Midwest for Ivan Simms......those included a lot of mid-week shows when he had to go to work the next day. Often they would "car pool" and have a "designated driver" so the others could catch a little sleep on the way home.

The Arthritis Foundation Mini Gran Prix for the St. Louis Region, SCCA..........he donated his services.

Some of the big shows at Gateway International Raceway.

The Allied Auto Racing Association banquet.

The St. Louis Auto Racing Fan Club Banquet of Champions - from banquet #30 on Jan. 25, 1997 (at Two Hearts) until this past January with the exception of the 37th BoC in 2004. His co-emcees included Doug Jenkins, the "Boat Voice" Roger Monroe, and this year KMOX's Greg Damon.

He was the track announcer at:

Belle-Clair Speedway
I-55 Raceway/Federated Auto Parts Raceway at I-55
Highland Speedway

It would be cool if you've heard him at another track as a fill-in or special event announcer to list it here:

He's probably called a MARA and/or a POWRi show............most likely at Belle-Clair

Back