Question for DRR and the racers there ?

harris69

Harris Motorsports #69
I think that Doe Run Raceway needs to offer reserved spaces like the other tracks . I believe if you offer a space for $25 and racer furnish like a 1 ft. sq. name tag or $50 and the track furnish a name tag that this price is a little more realistic and affordable for the weekend racer. This would help the track to make and/or add to the improvements for 2004 season !!!!! What do the other drivers and/or crews think of this idea ? JMO The"Hustler"

Track reservation

I agree on having a reserved place to park. BUT, having to pay for one I don't agree with!!! The track should want everyone to be a weekly racer and by giving weekly racers a designed place to pitt. It would show the track's apperiation to those racer's by them not having to worry about a new commer possibliy taking their spot or someone who pitt's with them. I mean come on for some us who have been with Doe Run for some time now with pitt passes and grandstand passes from friends and family don't you think we've kindof deserve or have already paid for one. 4yrs x 15 to 18 race's a year 2 pitt passes and 2-5 grandstand passes = $$$$$$$$ for my spot so, where do I need to go to pick my spot ????? THIS IS MY OPIONION ON THIS!!!

Can I get an Amen to that!! Maybe along with that points trophy last year they could give a reserved parking spot. That wouldn't cost the track 1 penny and would show just a little appreciation.

I think......

That giving a reserved spot to the previous years point champ would be a very cool idea, and as OW said it wouldn't cost them anything.

As far as renting spots, I'm not interested for myself. However, I do think it would be cool to do it and use the cash for improvements in the pits. $25-$50 dollars a season isn't a huge amount, but I can barely scrape together enough cash to make it out AFTER the season starts let alone pay for a reserved spot.

I like the idea that Bobby and I talked about when I visited him to see the track. He is undoubtably reading these posts, so I'll let him "let the cat outta the bag" concerning his idea for the reserved spots.:)

I was thinking give the top 5 in points in each class a spot. They obviously supported the track by being at nearly all of the races the previous year. Since there is no points fund payout, it's something the track could do to show appreciation for that support and as I said, not cost anything.

don't you know

nothing is free anymore when it comes to a certain spot. i bought a spot at fredericktown raceway,and now i don't have to get in a rush to get down there just so i can get in a good spot. furthermore i'm helping the track better the facilaty. 100.00 comes out to around 4.00 a race night. just because i was the track champion there not going to give me a spot . come on now. where are you from "lucky town" i don't think so... it is nice and i'm glad i did so. it is a good idea. you guys are going to have a nice track to run on this year . bobby put alot into it. good job and good luck to you all in 04......

If you got the money go for it. As for me, I don't so one dirt spot is just as good as another. The good spot is on the track anyways.:D But $25-$50 sounds a lot more affordable.

I think I like the idea of giving the Champ or top whomever reserved spots for the next year.

What time does DRR start racing anyways. I heard there was a playdate on Sunday April 18th. I'm going to try and make it and plan on being there opening night.

Luckytown

LUCKYTOWN is DoeRun Raceway !!!!

Where LUCKY to have a track owner that spends almost all day on friday's to prepare the track surface for us each week so that we have a smooth track to race on .

Where LUCKY to have a track owner who is willing to expand the track for the classes of car's they offer .

Where LUCKY that we have a pitt area so big that even if reserved spot's are not givin we will all still have a great place to pitt each night .

Where LUCKY that at DOE RUN RACEWAY where the Mini-Stock's where started that our's rule's still read that this class is for FUN,
and that $8000.oo Mini-Stock's that can afford $100.oo pitt spot's don't run here .
P.S. I said Mini-Stock's and not Mini-Mod's (no bunt intented)

Back