question for the ump mod drivers

voodoo427

what type of transmissions do you guys run??? the car im gonna be driving has a brinn installed now but were thinking bout swapping it out to the new car we got and putting a powerglide with direct drive coupler in the modified.. what do you guys run?

Why the hell would you do that? Glides are only to use if you have to. Hook that line up and go, plus a brinn has a lot less trouble than a bert, because of the stock length and stock type shifter linkages.But if you wanna trade, I'll trade you a whole setup.

Berts and Brinns mostly. some have p/glides but not as many. I've seen a couple that run that Falcon.

If I had a Brinn, I wouldn't take it out for a glide. Just my opinion.

well we have 2 modifieds right now the one with the brinn in it is a leaf spring car the new car with no trans is a 3 link setup so we were talking bout putting the brinn in the new car since its got a better setup on it then using the old powerglide we have laying around in the leafspring car since it will be my first time driving a modified... we havent been able to find a good used brinn or bert is why we were thinking of doing it this way.

Back