Question: Race at Fredericktown on SUNDAY and not FRIDAYS??

Move Fredericktown's regular race date from Friday to Sundays??

• ABSOLUTELY MAKE THE MOVE

Votes: 28 48.3%
  • YES THAT SOUNDS GOOD

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • No, I don't think it would work for us

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Please, don't even think about changing a thing..

Votes: 16 27.6%

• Total voters

Millsey

I'm just taking a little informal poll to find out what you think about changing the regular racing date of the Fredericktown Raceway from Friday nights to Sunday evenings. IF everything worked out like it has during our Friday night shows, we would actually start racing at around 5 p.m. and conclude around 9 p.m. That way if people travelled they would still be getting home at a decent time for work the next day.

This is just something I'm looking at as a whole for the good of the entire track. Sundays used to be the regular race day for Fredericktown a few years ago. It seems like it would be rather appealling to the Sportsmen and the Modifieds and it would be a whole lot easier for the Dwarfs and the Mini Stocks... PLUS I could see it allowing us to work with some of the other tracks in the region where we never could before.

With the improved payout situation at Fredericktown I could foresee ever more improvements, not only in payouts but to the actual facility...

Again, I'm looking for your opinions...

Thanks,
Millsey

I think it would be a good idea i think you guys would get more cars than you do on fridays because noone else runs on sundays! i myself would love it and alot of guys would to i am sure youcould get some of the good drivers there ! i am sure you will have your few that say "i have to work on monday morning" bo hu cry me a river if u love racing u will race on sundays in my opinion it is a great idea i was wondering when someone was gonna think of that idea

I Think The Friday Regulars Would Probably Want To Keep It Like It Is. But, Those Who Want To Venture Out Occasionally Would Want It To Change. I Think The Car Counts Would Probably Be Better On Sunday. For The Simple Fact, No Other Stl Area Tracks To Conflict With.

The Way I See It, Most If Not All Friday Regulars Would Be There Most Likely, And You'd Add A Few More To That. Then You'd Have A Few Travelers Each Week. I Guess The Rock Would Just Have To Try It And See, Only Way To Tell.

ST.CHARLES USED TO RACE SUNDAYS AND DIDN'T START AT 5PM, MORE LIKE 7PM. I DON'T REMEMBER HEARING PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT HAVING TO WORK THE NEXT DAY. I KNOW THE ROCK IS FURTHER OUT, BUT FIGURE IF THEY COULD GET THE SHOW DONE BY 9:30 THAT WOULD GIVE PEOPLE WHO LIVE AN HOUR OR SO AWAY A CHANCE TO STILL BE HOME AT A REASONABLE TIME.

Hey Jeff, 1 Suggestion I Would Give, Would Be More Pit Sitting Or Standing Area To Watch. Its A Little Cramped There Now. Also A Little Hard To Get Up And Down When Full. Maybe Make Isles To Get Up And Down.......just A Though.

Thanks

Here is my thoughts ....

I will be at Fredericktown whether they race on Friday or Sundays. But in discussing it i think it would open it up for drivers and fans from all over to be open to attend. And being early it wouldnt effect those having to work on Monday. It would also allow the locals to attend Doe Run Race Track as well as the Doe Run people to attend Fredericktown. I think it would benefit both of these tracks. But from a fans perspective it would give ya 3 days of racing. OH YAAAAAAA :D I think it would be something for Terry to look into. BUTTTT if he stays with Fridays, i will be there ! LeaDonna

I Vote Yes For Sundays Races.. But Start Up
At 3:30 Or 4:00 Would Be Better :d :d :d

ThatS A Good One Jeff

YES on Sunday!
I would come a lot more if it changed.
I work in st louis till 6:00 pm on friday.

Noooooooooooooo!!!

What ever happened to Sunday being a family day? I would still go (because I have family and friends that race), but not as much, and I would MUCH rather go on Friday nights than on Sunday afternoon. I, personally, feel that car counts will be about the same whether they race on Friday or on Sunday. Besides that, ANYONE who is an avid racer or race fan, KNOWS for a fact that Friday night "track conditions" are WAY better than Sunday afternoon "track conditions". Racing in mid-afternoon is NOT ideal because the track always ****S!!! The sun does a number on the dirt surface, which makes it miserable for the FANS who are TRYING to watch, but are finding it difficult to see. Then, the drivers gripe because a track like that just destroys tires. No matter what time you start on Sunday afternoons, there will always be those who still can't make it due to working the next day. Same goes for Friday nights...........the simple fact is, race car drivers DO HAVE jobs and NONE of them work the same schedule/job. You CANNOT plan around every driver. It just isn't going to happen...plain and simple. I say stick with Friday nights!!!!

You might gain some people who are staying away becasue of Friday damage possibly preventing their Saturday racing, but you might loose some who have sunday commitments to work, family, church, ect... I think if you do it, it should be a change made during the off season. Good luck either way you go.

If racing at fredericktown changes to sunday's they will attract at least one more paying fan, ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I work every friday night so this would be great for my benefit. I'd be able to squeeze two races in a week instead of just one. Go for it!

yeah!!!!!!!!!!! i can go watch two nights of racing friday and saturday, and a demo derby on sunday!!!!!!! at least the guys have four days to fix their cars!!!!!!!!!

Demo Derby

Swappin Paint said:
yeah!!!!!!!!!!! i can go watches two nights of racing friday and saturday, and a demo derby on sunday!!!!!!! at least the guys have four days to fix their cars!!!!!!!!!
Well for us Sunday races could be very limited, as for the mini-stocks? I think you will have the same problem, cars tore up on Friday & Saturday will have a hard time making it.

Sundays For Me

START AT 4:00 WOULD BE BETTER...DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT DUST WITH THE WAY TERRY DROWNS THE TRACK, IT WOULD BE TUES. A.M. BEFORE YOU WOULD SEE ANY DUST.....
I VOTE YES ON SUNDAY

What?

Um..........hello, have you been to any of the races they have had on Sunday this season? NO DUST????????????? Where were you sitting? The track ****ED!!! Granted, there haven't been too many Sunday races, but I was there and I was pissed because of so much freakin' dust. I could barely watch the races. I'm not saying that Terry doesn't water the track, but the earlier the start, the worse the track. The sun and the wind work that track over pretty good which usually results in boring races that are follow-the-leader. Who wants to watch that?

I personally would like to see us move the races from Friday to Sunday. It would allow the racers that normally race in the St. Louis area and at like Poplar Bluff to come and race with us and not be pressed. We would be getting done in time where it would not put people under the gun for work on Monday. It would probably double or even triple our dwarfs and mini stocks count, plus add to the Pure Streets. The only drawback I see is starting earlier in the day equals additional heat and the track drying out quicker. But if you start around 5 p.m. I can't see it getting to aweful bad... Plus I like the idea of us being the ONLY regular Sunday evening track in the region. It would allow us the opportunity to work WITH the other area tracks instead of working against some of them. Just my opinion, but that's why I was asking for your thoughts. So far it seems like a pretty popular idea.

Back