Question the outcome of the rules meeting for pevely

Team18m/18

Reding Motorsports
What did they change for the upcoming 2009 season for belleville and pevely.Any big changes in the sportsman classes or purestock classes. Any Info would be helply.Wasnt able to make it last night.

well you can use a camaro stub ,,but not a camaro body??? no real clear answer as to why not,
the crank claim rule is in effect you can take anyones crank for 400$$$ they changed the wording on the cranks from stock weight to standard weight but had no answer as far as what is standard weight!!
on the stock 4 link suspension you can no longer fabricate your own mounts must be in stock location in stock mounts must be stock length
eurothane biscuts are pemitted on pull bars maximum diameter 3.5 inches,maximum thickness 1.75 inches

camaro stub

if you use a camaro stub how do you put shocks in stock location wouldnt the rear section have to be fabbed with leafsprings?doesnt make sense..

well you can use a camaro stub ,,but not a camaro body??? no real clear answer as to why not,
the crank claim rule is in effect you can take anyones crank for 400$$$ they changed the wording on the cranks from stock weight to standard weight but had no answer as far as what is standard weight!!
on the stock 4 link suspension you can no longer fabricate your own mounts must be in stock location in stock mounts must be stock length
eurothane biscuts are pemitted on pull bars maximum diameter 3.5 inches,maximum thickness 1.75 inches
This really needs to be clarified. Some one is really confused. Can you really use a camaro subframe? A stock GM crank is 54 lbs, a callies dragonslayer is 50lbs, scat forged standard weight is 51 lbs.

I was there and i really did not uderstand the camaro thing but i think what they were saying was,some guys are currently using nova stubs with metric frame rails to the back .
apparently the nova and camaro share the same front end geometry so if you use only the front and finish it with metric or whatever and keep it at 108 inc whelbase you are ok,i think (LOL) hey guys im no chassis expert AT ALL, i just listened to what was being said.
my question would be why not a camaro body .oh well i dont have the money to change anyways so ill be out with my BRT metric chassis dont really care what happens seems like alot of work .
the crank thing was just as confusing, probably wont affect me
GOOD LUCK TO AL NEXT YEAR

What you have sounds right. Camaro front stubs allowed but not a stub with a tube frame.

This really needs to be clarified. Some one is really confused. Can you really use a camaro subframe? A stock GM crank is 54 lbs, a callies dragonslayer is 50lbs, scat forged standard weight is 51 lbs.

I believe they said the standard weight would be around 50 lbs, but I'm not sure if anything was ever said for certain.

I was there and i really did not uderstand the camaro thing but i think what they were saying was,some guys are currently using nova stubs with metric frame rails to the back .
apparently the nova and camaro share the same front end geometry so if you use only the front and finish it with metric or whatever and keep it at 108 inc whelbase you are ok,i think (LOL) hey guys im no chassis expert AT ALL, i just listened to what was being said.
my question would be why not a camaro body .oh well i dont have the money to change anyways so ill be out with my BRT metric chassis dont really care what happens seems like alot of work .
the crank thing was just as confusing, probably wont affect me
GOOD LUCK TO AL NEXT YEAR

You listened correctly John! LOL
With chassis' that are available now and parts that were allowed to use building one of these is pretty well a waste of time now. BTW it is a LOT of work!

The answer on the crank is easy. Go to Eagle, Scat, or any crankshaft manufacturer and look up the STOCK replacement crank, they are also allowing the forged crank in STANDARD WEIGHT ONLY

EXAMPLE and EXAMPLE ONLY:
Say you want to use an Eagle crank for a 350 Chevy. You are allowed stock bore and stroke only on these engines so these numbers would be the legal pieces: a CAST STEEL CRANK would be #103503480 the FORGED CRANK would be # 435034805700
If there are letters along with the #'s such as LW,LA,AU,FW,WU or otherwise than that is an illegal piece and it should be known that these cranks are easily identifiable with or without the letters on them! There are distinguishing features to each of the letters and it is the same with all the manufactureres.

i am not really sure what they were thinking allowing camaro stubs on any kind of chassis. maybe not this year, but i am sure in not too much longer someone will build a car that is way better than every other car out there. i saw one such car in oklahoma.

it reminds me of a few years ago when the 6 puck clutch fiasco came about at pevely and instead of saying they were illegal they just allowed people to run them. i was sitting with someone that i would bet knows more about frames than anyone on the board, and he said the nova frames and camaro frames are not the same, they just use the same bolt on parts.

The way I understood it I may be wrong would not be the first or last time, the camaro does not meet the wheel base required by the rules.

You are correct. The word Camaro was removed from the rules.

I'm thinking of building a new Allied sportsman to run I55. Can you answer a couple questions for me. I'm considering a couple different options with the new rule about the Camaro stubs.

If I understand right from the way it was explained to me, I should be able to take my bent Shaw mod frame and stub it with a Camaro stub and put some metric frame rails on it using the stock lower t-arm mount and it would be good to go?

Also, I have access to a Camaro stub Late Model chassis. I should be able to fabricate some metric frame rails on it and use the stock t-arm mounts or run stacked leafs and be in there too?

If I'm wrong please correct me.

(Psssssssssht) that was the sound of a freshly opened can of worms.:D Now as long as # 1 is inline with the ball joint, you make weight, your wheelbase is correct (for a 1978 metric novamareo with a ford rear end) then sure.?????

i am not really sure what they were thinking allowing camaro stubs on any kind of chassis. maybe not this year, but i am sure in not too much longer someone will build a car that is way better than every other car out there. i saw one such car in oklahoma.

I would think that would be Troy Neager. From what i hear he's building a new one. This rule cahange come just in time for him. How convenient!

Btw......... If Allied found that guys were doing this, why didn't they just rule them guys illegal? Instead, The guys who weren't cheating have to go and spend the time and money cheating their cars up now. The cheaters have been rewarded seems like.

btwII...... Who campaigned for this change? Who were all the guys who were running them?

(Psssssssssht) that was the sound of a freshly opened can of worms.:D

You had guys screaming about a LEGAL car at the Fall Nationals. Boy you will really have some whinning when they see and don't understand the stuff a creative fabricator comes up with. ;)

I'm thinking of building a new Allied sportsman to run I55. Can you answer a couple questions for me. I'm considering a couple different options with the new rule about the Camaro stubs.

If I understand right from the way it was explained to me, I should be able to take my bent Shaw mod frame and stub it with a Camaro stub and put some metric frame rails on it using the stock lower t-arm mount and it would be good to go?

Also, I have access to a Camaro stub Late Model chassis. I should be able to fabricate some metric frame rails on it and use the stock t-arm mounts or run stacked leafs and be in there too?

If I'm wrong please correct me.

JMO But your wrong.

fabricator?

isnt the guy that won the nationals a fabricator?is this going to be the new state of the art impressive sportsman chassis?

Back