question

sprint fan32

÷(`[¤*ÐërËK ËvÄñS*¤]´)÷
im wondering what happend to if you hit the cone on a restart you finish last or go to the back rule.

because paul may smoked it in his heat and was credited for 3rd place and not last.

I know that Steve Short hit it last year when Doc Sloan's car won't take off and he got sent to the back of the pack. I thought Paul May hit the cone too, but the guy next to me said that the cone was pulled in by the offical and it just looked like it was hit. May about hit everything else in his sights that night, so it wouldn't surprise me if he did hit the cone!

im pretty sure he got the cone i was on the backstretch watchin him to see if he was gonna wreck anyone.

I was on the backstrech as well. I couldn't tell from where I was sitting though. Old May just about crashed Bob Thoman! Then in the feature about 5 laps in I thought for sure he was going to crash Short. I can't believe he spun out, I figured he would just use Steve as a wall and keep going! I think he's a screw loose, but I always keep one eye on him because you never know what he might do!

24. Once a race has completed 1 (one) full lap and a caution occurs, restart will be single file starting at the cone and no passing until you pass the cone. If a car goes to inside of, or hits the cone, a caution will occur and the car will go to the rear of the field. If this happens a second time by the same car it will result in a black flag.

hitting the cone

i think that it pretty much depends on who you are if a caution is thrown for hitting the cone. i know i was put to the back once, when i barely even grazed the cone(cone didn't even fall over, barely even moved), but have seen people run over it and not be penelized. it is just like everything else at farmington, it is who you know and what your name is.

I think it has more to do with whether the main flagman is watching the cone more than who you are, and as we all know...he can't be watching everything.

Rg59 said:
i think that it pretty much depends on who you are if a caution is thrown for hitting the cone. i know i was put to the back once, when i barely even grazed the cone(cone didn't even fall over, barely even moved), but have seen people run over it and not be penelized. it is just like everything else at farmington, it is who you know and what your name is.

Once again IT DOES NOT MATTER WHO YOU ARE, what car you drive or even what color your firesuit is!!!. Geez people, what's it going to take to make you realize that. Statements like that are just so out of line it's not even funny anymore.

As far as if the main flagman sees it or not, there is an official holding the rope. Its their job to let everyone know, additionally, the other flagmen try to help keep an eye on it.

rough driving

NOTE: If you didn't see what happened, why get on here just to create problems. We've had enough of that.

Back