QUINCY RACEWAY's OWNERSHIP TAKES RESPONSIBILITY

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
I would first like to apologize to all the sponsor's, race fans, and drivers who attend Quincy Raceways. What occurred on Sunday Night May 23, 2010, was both embarrassing and humbling. It was Quincy Raceway's ownerships full intention to race on a beautiful Sunday evening, put on a great show for our fans and sponsor's Bank of Quincy and Rinella Distributing, and also have a wonderful evening for our Junior Speedsters with our Kids Candy Dash. All did not go as planned. We have been continually repairing and fighting with old water truck equipment since the beginning of the 2010 season and it finally caught up to us last Sunday. With unseasonably warm weather and a strong southwest wind, along with the torrential rains during the week, we were unable to get the water trucks repaired as to get enough water on the track to put on not only a quality, but a safe performance. Nobody regretted canceling last night’s program more than Paul and I, but we also have to take into account track conditions for the safety of our drivers as well as our fans. Therefore, we regrettably cancelled the show. I am not making any excuses, just wanting all of you to know the facts before the rumors get started. At this time we have one water truck fully operational and by Friday of this week we will have the second up and rolling as well. Once again I sincerely apologize to all of you, race fans, sponsors, drivers and pit crew members alike.

Now I would like to comment on the rumors that seem to be spreading like wildfire about Quincy Raceways and its demise. Any thing that you have heard concerning Quincy Raceways closing, going under, locking the gates, or anything like those remarks let me be perfectly clear. THEY ARE COMPLETELY UNTRUE AND COMPLETE LIES AND ANYBODY WHO HAS SAID SUCH THINGS IS NOTHING BUT A LIAR THEMSELVES!!! I know there are a few people out there who would like to see Quincy Raceways fail but that is not going to happen. These people are nothing but vindictive human beings with nothing else in their lives to worry about and unfortunately not only do they hurt Quincy Raceways but they also hurt your favorite driver also in getting sponsors. What local sponsor wants to put money in a local racing program if he or she is hearing nothing but negative comments about the closing of Quincy Raceways. So I ask all of you race fans and drivers to spread this statement of fact around "Quincy Raceways is doing well and has no intention of closing." If anybody tells you differently please have them look up this statement of fact from the ownership and management of Quincy Raceways.

Sincerely Yours,
Tony Rhinberger & Paul Holtschlag
Owners of Quincy Raceways

Back