R.J. Conley Wins First A-Main of Season at K-C

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
(WHEELERSBURG, OHIO) R.J. Conley won his first A-Main of the 2006 racing season last Saturday night, April 22 at the K-C Raceway in Chillicothe, Ohio! R.J. set fast time for the race and finished second in the dash to earn the outside front row starting spot for the $2,000 to win event. In the A-Main, R.J. wheeled his Conley Trucking / Cornett Building Supply / Vinyl Kraft Windows #71c Rocket / Draime Grand Prix to the lead at the outset of the race and led all 25 laps en route to the big win!

Delmas Conley, the patriarch of the racing Conley family, was also in attendance at K-C over the weekend. The familiar #71 machine finished in the eighth position in the A-Main after starting sixteenth. Delmas even endured a flat tire during the course of the race, but was able to make repairs en route to his first top ten finish of the year. "Hot Rod" Conley was also in action at K-C, as he set the third quickest time in qualifying, but got caught up in a wreck during the feature and finished fifteenth.

“I think we made the right move to stay away from Charlotte,” commented R.J. from the Conley Trucking complex earlier this week. “We were all planning on going to the Colossal 100 last weekend, but we kept hearing from different people about how rough it always is and about their strange format. So, we all three changed our minds and stuck around home. I was able to race on a slick, smooth track and bring home $2,000, which is the same amount it paid to start at Charlotte. Our car was great from the time we unloaded it and I have to thank all of my crew and my sponsors for the part they played in helping me reach victory lane.”

All three drivers of the Conley Motorsports, Inc. team will be back in action at the K-C Raceway in Chillicothe, Ohio this Saturday evening. Another regular show, paying $2,000 to the winner, is on tap on Saturday, April 29. For more information concerning this weekend’s show, please visit www.kc-raceway.com.

The Conley Motorsports, Inc. teams would like to thank the following companies for their support this season: Conley Trucking, Cornett Building Supply, Vinyl Kraft Windows, Mortgage One Financial Group, Rocket Chassis, Draime Racing Engines, Impact Racing Decals, Schoenfeld Headers, Snap-On Racing, Hoosier Racing Tires, Wrisco, Design 500, Bazell Race Fuels, Mason Racin’, Arizona Sport Shirts, and Weld Racing Wheels.

The latest news and schedule information on Delmas, Rod, and R.J. Conley can be found online at www.conleymotorsportsinc.com.

Media Contact: Ryan Delph – Delph Communications
www.delphcommunications.com

Back