race at pevely

chargin chuck

I race a pro-4 at pevely. alot of problems with teching this pro-4 class. I would like to see Pevely get convinced to run RAMS rules. I would stick with a 4-cylinder race car if that happened.

I think the RAMS had a pretty good set of rules aimed at keeping costs down. The biggest problem is finding a neutral tech person to tech the cars. Without that the rules don't mean a darn thing. Good luck with getting the rules changed, you may even get a few MCS and DRR cars on occasion if you get then changed.

I don't know Jim. Either way if there is an issue with teching it dosen't matter what rules are run.

All i know is that everyone better do something to there cars to catch Ken or he is going to win just about every race unless they make him start in the back and even then there is a very good chance he will still win. ( way to go Ken wish I was out there to see if I could catch you )

good luck finding a tech person that knows what to look for in all of the different types of cars that race at pevely. with the fuel injected cars with computers and things, how could a person tell anyway. finding a person that knows that much stuff would be really hard, let alone having to work for as little pay as it is. jmo. pevely just wants a class to fill time, cause no problems, and bring in enough cars to pay for a some of the other classes payout. plain and simple.

All they have to do is hire the biggest cheater in our class, then he will know what the other cars are doing.

Does anyone know who that is?

That is one good thing about the RAMS/MCS rules. There is no fuel injection or computers to deal with. My position is if you are not going to tech then you don't want it to be a rule. Either open things wide open and let everyone do what they want. (very bad idea if you want the class to last) Or make rules to keep costs down and competition close and make sure everyone is running to those rules. Tech the top 3 for a different rule each week. It won't take that long to do, you can pick the rule that will be teched out of a hat so no one knows what will be looked at.

Back