Racing Sponsor's son diagnosed with cancer! Some help needed!

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Aries Plumbing has sponsored several racers including Ray Walsh and Jim Hardesty.

mikey.jpg

They are also having a benefit dance on Feb. 18 At Davids Banquet Center in Pevely, Next to Dunns Sporting Goods.

people this could be your son or daughter or your sponsors son or daughter. now is the time to show the the sponsors how much you appreciate their help .

Just a clarification:

This is not their son. Vernon's wife is LeOnna. LeOnna's sister Rosa is married to a Coomer. It is her husband's brother's son (her nephew) who was diagnosed with the cancer.

I work with his dad. They are a very close-knit family and would do ANYTHING they can to help out anyone at anytime. I have seen many many acts of kindness that this entire family has shown to many people.

Vernon and LeOnna are no exceptions. Aries Plumbing has been a friend to Motor Racing for many many years. They have done many many charitable things to help out when needed.

This unfortunate illness that Mikey is facing has really took it's toll on the family. I see the father every morning and even though he has all this to deal with at home, he still goes well out of his way while at work to help the folks we deal with.

An incredible family indeed.

I know for a fact that any help you can give, would be GREATLY appreciated. Nobody in this world deserves what this family is dealing with. Of all the great things this family has done, and I can think of MANY over the last three years of knowing them, they certainly do not deserve this.

I applaud ARIES PLUMBING and the racing community for their support and considration.

I will be printing this post off nightly for Big Mikey and give them to him in the morning.

I have been thinking of Coomer at our house for several months now. He happens to be a very good friend of Gussie's older son Gregory. I remember the day Gregory shared the news with me I got a very sick feeling in my gut. Such a young man. Such a Good kid. Such a Good friend to Greg. They have been friends since elementary school. This boy is a VERY VERY BRIGHT young man. With a VERY SMART head on his shoulders He graduated National Honor Society with many awards and honors. I would be more than happy to help spear-head something at the races this spring providing it's okay. Coomer Gregory's family wishes you the best and as always you are in our thoughts and prayers. :) Keep your head up and kick some butt boy.....

Soutiea Racing .........

Michael, Sorry To Hear Of Your Illness. We'll Be Thinking About You And Praying For You. From Lisa's Description, You Sound Like A Fine Young Man. Good Luck And Hopefully We'll Meet Someday!

Andy Marlow! :)

Jimmy, can you e-mail me some more contact info for this at bmudd@kfns.com? I'll put the word out on the SpeedZone page of KFNS.com and announce it on the show Thursday night.

jdearing said:
Aries Plumbing has sponsored several racers including Ray Walsh and Jim Hardesty.

mikey.jpg

They are also having a benefit dance on Feb. 18 At Davids Banquet Center in Pevely, Next to Dunns Sporting Goods.

Mikey

We need your help Racing Family, We would like to get our racing family and friends to come to Davids Banquet Center, next to Dunns Sporting Goods in Pevely on February 18. We are having a silent auction any donations will be greatly appreciated. Thank You Very Much Jimmy

Latest...

While at work yesterday, Mike (the father) got a call and all of the family was asked to meet at the Hospital.

Without getting into the specifics, the news is NOT GOOD!

Now more than ever the family needs your help and prayers!

Please, do your best to help them out in this difficult time.

Thanks from the family for the support recieved thus far. They are not on here, but have been kept up with all that is going on. I was asked to thank EVERYONE!

Hopefully, with everyone's help, support and prayers, we may be able to post something good in a little while.

It looks as though it may be quite some time before we can do that though.

Thanks!!!

JOE

Guys this kid needs our prayers real bad as Joe ( 28jracer ) had mentioned.
His prognosis is very bad and we as a racing community have always rose for any person or child. That is what is unique about you people! PLEASE pray for this family to have faith- strength- and friends and people with prayers and support. Jimmy Hardesty you can count us in ! We have a donation we'd like to make! Can someone please let us know whom to get this to. Can you also post the exact time for this Friday event I thought was on Saturday but it's on FRIDAY and we can make it! What time are the doors opening? How much? Times ? Any information would be appreciated. Once again guy's and gal's of STL. We are asking for help. And when you look at your child or spouse or friends THANK "GOD" they are healthy!!!!
Thinking of you Coomer our prayers are with you man !!!!!!

The Soutiea's

Michael Coomer Benefit Dance

Don't forget to mark your calenders for Friday February 18 2005 to attend the Benefit Dance at Davids Banquet Center in Pevely, it is next door to Dunns sporting goods. It is from 7 pm. till Midnight. There will be a 50/50 raffle and a silent auction, A live DJ. It is $5.00 Donation to get in and will be a great time to help a Great Family in there time of need. The Donations are starting to come for the silent auction, and they are some great gifts. Thanks to all that have donated this far, looking forward to seeing our racing friends, It is for a great cause. If you are unable to attend and would like make a donation a trust fund has been set up at The Bank of America in Pevely: THE MICHALE A COOMER MEDICAL TRUST FUND. Once again thanks to all that have Donated to help this very special family and to everyone who is helping to get the Donations. Jimmy Hardesty (ARIES PLUMBING)

I announced the info on my show last week and will do so again this Wed. night.

Brandon Mudd

GUMBY187 said:
Don't forget to mark your calenders for Friday February 18 2005 to attend the Benefit Dance at Davids Banquet Center in Pevely, it is next door to Dunns sporting goods. It is from 7 pm. till Midnight. There will be a 50/50 raffle and a silent auction, A live DJ. It is $5.00 Donation to get in and will be a great time to help a Great Family in there time of need. The Donations are starting to come for the silent auction, and they are some great gifts. Thanks to all that have donated this far, looking forward to seeing our racing friends, It is for a great cause. If you are unable to attend and would like make a donation a trust fund has been set up at The Bank of America in Pevely: THE MICHALE A COOMER MEDICAL TRUST FUND. Once again thanks to all that have Donated to help this very special family and to everyone who is helping to get the Donations. Jimmy Hardesty (ARIES PLUMBING)

I have a Dale Earnhardt jacket I'd like to donate to the silent auction. I won it in a drawing through the MO state lottery. Got it, took the tags off, tried it on, then hug it in the closet and that's where it's been ever since. Sounds like this is a good place to find it a new home while helping to raise some money for a needy family.

Who do I need to call?

TTG/MM

Michael Coomer Benefit Dance

Mike, you can call Aries Plumbing at 314-351-2302 Between 7:am and 4:pm, and ask for Leonna. Your donation is very much appreciated. Thank You Very Much for your help. St.Louis Racing Fans are the Best.

Dirtgirl,

I just got a call from Carl's people...they're sending me an autographed hat for the auction. I'll let you know when I get it. I'm also working on some autographed tires and whatnot. I'll let you know when I have everything.

Brandon

dirtgirl said:
Guys this kid needs our prayers real bad as Joe ( 28jracer ) had mentioned.
His prognosis is very bad and we as a racing community have always rose for any person or child. That is what is unique about you people! PLEASE pray for this family to have faith- strength- and friends and people with prayers and support. Jimmy Hardesty you can count us in ! We have a donation we'd like to make! Can someone please let us know whom to get this to. Can you also post the exact time for this Friday event I thought was on Saturday but it's on FRIDAY and we can make it! What time are the doors opening? How much? Times ? Any information would be appreciated. Once again guy's and gal's of STL. We are asking for help. And when you look at your child or spouse or friends THANK "GOD" they are healthy!!!!
Thinking of you Coomer our prayers are with you man !!!!!!

The Soutiea's

Brandon we appreciate everything you are doing ! For the records yesterday Brandon gave me his autographed 8 x 10 picture with all 3 of the Wallace boys autograph for the 250 Busch Race. Then he proceeds to tell me he is basically going to work his network and boy is he! What a pleasure to meet you Brandon and your work is Very much appreciated as well as everyone elses! Bring it on man :D

Also I spoke with the Marlers and I-55 is donating (4 ) tickets to the World of Outlaws show... Thanks to Sherry for hunting them down for me since they are on vacation. ;) Nice community this racing group is !!!!! And TTG all I can say is .... They don't have a sign for what I wanted to say !!!! :( Oh well I'll show you my appreciation when I see you OXOXOX'S

Lisa

Back