racing with e85

21rocks

how would it be possible make e85 legal in the lower classes? like bmods sportsman. its much cheaper than racing fuel and most guys alreadt get thier carbs from c and s or jim evans. i think it would be good for racing from an enviromental stand point as well.

i checked before

e85 from what i understood would be considered pump gas since you can purchase it through a wide variety of gas stations. there are some adjustments needed to the carb to run it but it is a much more pocket friendly fuel. it is somewhat like running alki becouse it does burn a bit more then race fuel but a whole lot cheaper.

i wasn't sure if it was cossiered pump fuel or not. but i have seen rules stateing it wasn't legal in some lower classes

do some talking

do some talking and checking with the tracks and ask, or even the sanctioning bodies. i am considering running it once i get my mod together. get the performance of alki with half the costs of the equipment and parts. i have heard of a few guys running it already and the biggest gain they have gotten from it is the cost of racing per week has gone down for them $30 to $40 bucks.

Back