Randy Weaver Readies for 2010 Opener at Brunswick with New Team!

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
(CROSSVILLE, TENNESSEE) Randy Weaver had a terrific 2009 racing season, which was highlighted by his first O'Reilly Southern Allstars Series (OSAS) Championship. After teaming up with car owner Mike Hill in 2009, Randy has decided to head a different direction in 2010. Following the amicable split with Mike Hill this off-season, Randy and Junior Weisgarber have assembled their own racing team for the '10 campaign.

The newly-formed team is feverishly working on preparing their two newly-acquired Bloomquist racecars for competition during the annual 'Super Bowl of Racing' at the Golden Isles Speedway in Brunswick, Georgia. Randy will open up his season with three O'Reilly Southern Allstars Series (OSAS) shows at the southern Georgia venue from January 28-30. The trio of races at GIS will pay $7,500, $10,000, and $12,000 to win respectively.

"I am very excited about the new team we have put together for 2010 and can't wait to start our season at Brunswick," exclaimed Weaver in a telephone conversation recently. "Mike (Hill) was incredible to drive for last year and I can't thank him enough for all of his support. However, we decided to split on good terms during the off-season and that is when myself and Junior Weisgarber went to work on this new team."

"We acquired two Bloomquist racecars for use this year and have two great crew guys on board full-time in Junior Weisgarber and Josh Gunter," Weaver went on to say. "Even though we are starting out the year at Brunswick, we probably won't run the Southern Allstars deal full-time this year or any other series for that matter. Our plan is to hit all of the big races in the Tennessee/Georgia area in 2010, as well as venture to some of the crown jewel events like the World 100, Dream 100, Show-Me 100, Topless 100, and North/South 100. Hopefully, everything will work out and we can have a successful 2010 racing season!"

The Randy Weaver Racing team would like to thank the following group of sponsors and supporters for their help in 2010: B.K.W. Disaster Recovery & Rebuilding, Compton Company, The Bailey Company, Byrd's Radiator, Gunter Drywall, Ellis Contracting, Race Engine Design (R.E.D.), Bloomquist Race Cars, VP Race Fuels, Hoosier Racing Tires, Wiles Driveshafts, Green Air Filters, Ohlins Shocks, Dirt Budds, Delph Communications, Weld Wheels, Sweet Mfg., SHY Racing Suspensions, and Bert Transmissions.

For additional information on Randy Weaver Racing, please visit their online home at www.randyweaverracing.com!

Media Contact: Ryan Delph - Delph Communications
www.delphcommunications.com

Back