**Rare St Charles Speedway 1960** event poster!

Racerrod

racerrod
I have an authentic one of a kind antique event cardboard poster for the USAC Midget Championship race at the old St Charles Speedway! You won’t see another like this and it’s made of card stock and there was probably only a handful of them made to promote this event and most were probably thrown away. It even has the nail holes from when it was nailed to a fence or a wall to promote this special event.

Since most drivers during this era didn’t make a lot of money, they raced every event they could and some or most of these star USAC drivers were likely at this event! I’ve even contacted Eileen Waters who has followed local st louis motor sports history and written thousands of articles on the subject, and she is the one who told me it was from 1960. I’m not sure who won the race but I bet she can tell you!

You can do more research but it’s most likely this is the only one to exist and may be one of the best preserved pieces from the early years of st Charles speedway, built and owned by the Hemsath family. I am sure there are drivers who raced at this track who would love to own this!

Please share with any dirt fans or drivers in the Midwest that you think may be interested in this piece of racing history! Even Indy 500 fans and collectors would be interested in this poster! Please share with anyone who would appreciate owning this piece of racing history! The condition isn’t perfect by no means but it’s still very bright colorful, in a frame and all in one piece! I will ship it in the frame to keep it as nice as possible.

I didn’t want to sell this but I have to raise money for my new engine for my 1979 trans am! It’s way more fun these days!

I’ve tried several times to upload photos but they are too large to upload. This is also listed in Facebook marketplace if you like to see pics!

Text me @ 618-799-8878 Serious inquiries only!

$250 obo!

Shipping $20 extra or Troy, Illinois pickup!

I have an authentic one of a kind antique event cardboard poster for the USAC Midget Championship race at the old St Charles Speedway! You won’t see another like this and it’s made of card stock and there was probably only a handful of them made to promote this event and most were probably thrown away. It even has the nail holes from when it was nailed to a fence or a wall to promote this special event.

Since most drivers during this era didn’t make a lot of money, they raced every event they could and some or most of these star USAC drivers were likely at this event! I’ve even contacted Eileen Waters who has followed local st louis motor sports history and written thousands of articles on the subject, and she is the one who told me it was from 1960. I’m not sure who won the race but I bet she can tell you!

You can do more research but it’s most likely this is the only one to exist and may be one of the best preserved pieces from the early years of st Charles speedway, built and owned by the Hemsath family. I am sure there are drivers who raced at this track who would love to own this!

Please share with any dirt fans or drivers in the Midwest that you think may be interested in this piece of racing history! Even Indy 500 fans and collectors would be interested in this poster! Please share with anyone who would appreciate owning this piece of racing history! The condition isn’t perfect by no means but it’s still very bright colorful, in a frame and all in one piece! I will ship it in the frame to keep it as nice as possible.

I didn’t want to sell this but I have to raise money for my new engine for my 1979 trans am! It’s way more fun these days!

I’ve tried several times to upload photos but they are too large to upload. This is also listed in Facebook marketplace if you like to see pics!

Text me @ 618-799-8878 Serious inquiries only!

$250 obo!

Shipping $20 extra or Troy, Illinois pickup!

Back