Ray Cook Concludes 2009 Campaign with Twelfth Victory!

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
(BRASSTOWN, NORTH CAROLINA) The D&R Motorsports team wrapped up their successful 2009 campaign on Saturday evening, November 28 at the historic Cleveland Speedway in Cleveland, Tennessee. The Southern Regional Racing Series (SRRS) sanctioned the annual running of the 'Grant Adcox Memorial,' which paid $4,000 to the winner. Ray Cook started off the program by topping the field in qualifying with his lap of 14.498 seconds around the southern Tennessee venue.

After starting from the pole position in the 40-lap main event, Ray inherited the top spot on lap nine when race leader Skip Arp retired from the event with mechanical troubles. The Brasstown, North Carolina native then led the remainder of the 'Grant Adcox Memorial' to record his twelfth win of the 2009 season over Randy Weaver, Riley Hickman, Mike Weeks, and Rick Hixson. You can view complete results from Cleveland by pointing your web browser to www.clevelandspeedway.com.

"I really can't believe how good of a season we had in 2009 and I have to thank the Lord for showering us with his blessings," commented Cook earlier in the week. "In my career, I have never won the first race of a season (Ice Bowl) and the last race (Grant Adcox Memorial), so that was neat to do this year. I am so thankful to the entire D&R Motorsports team, our great sponsors, and my family for all of their support this season. Hopefully, we can continue this momentum through the short off-season and get ready for the 2010 Ice Bowl at the Talladega Short Track!"

Ray and the #53 team enjoyed a stellar 2009 season, which was highlighted by twelve different trips into victory lane. In addition, Ray amassed twenty-seven Top Five finishes and thirty-seven Top Ten efforts in the seventy-one races that he entered in '09. The driver known as the "Tarheel Tiger" parlayed a strong season with the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series into a sixth place finish in the final series point standings. You can view some of the accomplishments from the year below:

* $41,000 'Hillbilly 100' Victory at the Tyler County (WV) Speedway
* $10,000 'Dixie Shootout' Victory at the Dixie (GA) Speedway
* $10,000 Lucas Oil Series Victory at the Fayetteville (NC) Motor Speedway
* $10,000 Lucas Oil Series Victory at the Utica Rome (NY) Speedway
* $10,000 Lucas Oil Series Victory at the Bluegrass (KY) Speedway
* $7,500 'Bama Bash' Victory at the Green Valley (AL) Speedway
* $6,000 'Ice Bowl' Victory at the Talladega (AL) Short Track
* $5,000 Unsanctioned Victory at the Boyd's (GA) Speedway
* $4,000 SRRS Series Victory at the Cleveland (TN) Speedway
* $3,000 SRRS Series Victory at the Green Valley (AL) Speedway
* $2,000 Unsanctioned Victory at the Talladega (AL) Short Track
* $2,000 Crate Late Model Victory at the Columbus (MS) Speedway
* Finished Fifth in $20,000 'Scorcher 100' at the Volunteer (TN) Speedway
* Finished Fifth in $15,000 'Fall Classic' at the Whynot (MS) Motorsports Park
* Finished Sixth in $40,000 'Show-Me 100' at the West Plains (MO) Motor Speedway
* Finished Tenth in $50,000 'Dirt Track World Championship' at the Lawrenceburg (IN) Speedway
* Made Starting Field for $50,000 'Colossal 100,' $30,000 'Diamond Nationals,' $100,000 'Dream 100,' $50,000 'North/South 100,' $40,000 'Topless 100,' $42,000 'World 100,' and $12,000 'Jackson 100'

Ray Cook would like to thank all of his supporters including: D&R Motorsports, Hicks & Ingle Company, MasterSbilt Race Cars, Race Engine Design, PPM Racing Products, A+ Moving and Storage Company, K&N Filters, PRC Racing, Real Racing Wheels, Star Grafix, Bill Elliott Racing, Hamrick's of Gaffney, Youngblood Concrete Special, Jacky Jones Automotive Group, Southeast Dealer Services, Engines, Inc., James Cook Construction, Arvil Cook Property Investments, Alturna Mats, American Race Tire, Bert Transmissions, BRT Racing Products, Custom Craft Headers, Delph Communications, Demon Carburetors, Frankland Racing Supply, GW Performance, ISC Racers Tape, JB Performance, Mason Racin', MSD Ignition, Ohlins Shocks, Out-Pace Racing Products, Schaeffer's Racing Oil, Scott Performance Wire, Stealth Carburetors, Sweet Mfg., Turbo Start Batteries, VP Racing Fuels, Wiles Driveshafts, and Wilwood.

For the latest news and schedule information concerning the #53 team, feel free to visit their official Internet home at www.raycook53.com.

Media Contact: Ryan Delph - Delph Communications
www.delphcommunications.com

Back