Ray Cook Readies for Stacker 2 XDCS "Invasion of the East"

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
June 1, 2004

(BRASSTOWN, NORTH CAROLINA) Ray Cook Racing heads into the busy upcoming Stacker 2 Xtreme Dirtcar Series weekend after finishing eleventh in the 12th Annual ‘Show-Me 100’. Ray qualified for the $38,000 to win, $3,800 to start event at the West Plains Motor Speedway in West Plains, MO by winning his B-Main event. The Dodge / Evernham Performance Parts / Bill Elliott Racing #53 Dodge Intrepid rolled off the grid for the 100-lap affair in the tenth row, but quickly started to make his way forward. “The Tarheel Tiger” primarily used the bottom groove of the racy, 1/3-mile oval to pass his competitors and crossed the checkers in the eleventh spot at the end of 100 laps of racing action.

“That was the best we have been there since we won the Show-Me in 2000,” said the Brasstown, NC pilot. “I think we could have finished around seventh or eighth, but we got shuffled back by the scorers during the first caution. I feel like we had already passed at least three of the cars that the scorers put back in front of me under that caution. That just made our run from the back even harder. Our car was a little tight from the center-off or I think we could have even challenged for a top five spot. We learned some things about this MasterSbilt car that will help us when we come back here and we will be better next time.”

On Friday night in preliminary action, Ray took the win in the Manufacturer’s Dash, which featured the fastest qualifiers in all the different types of chassis. Ray was running for MasterSbilt by Carolina Performance. Ray outlasted the MasterSbilt entry, driven by Brian Birkhofer, to give MasterSbilt Race Cars, of Crothersville, IN, a one-two sweep in the Manufacturer’s Dash. Ray would like to thank Carolina Performance for entering the Manufacturer’s Dash and giving him the opportunity to vie for the win.

Ray Cook Racing has a trio of Stacker 2 Xtreme Dirtcar Series events on tap for the upcoming weekend. The “Invasion of the East” tour will include a stop at the New Egypt Speedway in New Egypt, NJ this Thursday night for the ‘Jersey Jackpot 50’. The middle event of the weekend will be the ‘9th Annual Maryland Silver Cup’ at Frank Plessinger’s Hagerstown Speedway in Hagerstown, MD. The weekend will conclude on Saturday with the ‘Clash at the Grove 50’ at the Williams Grove Speedway in Mechanicsburg, PA. The SPEED Channel will tape the event at the huge ½-mile facility for broadcast at a later date. Ray is currently tenth in the Stacker 2 XDCS point standings coming into this weekend.

All three events of the “Invasion Of The East” will be webcast for computer users. The action will begin at 9:30pm EDT all three nights and be carried on RSBN. Log on to www.RSBN.net and follow the Stacker 2 Xtreme Dirtcar Series icons to receive the webcast. You can log onto www.xtremedirtcars.com to learn more about all three $10,000 to win events this weekend.

The latest on Ray Cook Racing can be found at their Internet home, located at www.raycookracing.com.

Media Contact: Ryan Delph – Delph Communications
www.delphcommunications.com

Back