Ray Cook Second at Cleveland, Show-Me 100 Up Next

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
May 24, 2004

(BRASSTOWN, NORTH CAROLINA) "The Tarheel Tiger" Ray Cook posted a runner-up effort last Saturday night in the $5,000 to win O'Reilly Southern AllStar Series event at the Cleveland Speedway in Cleveland, TN. Ray ran in the Top Five throughout the 50-lap affair, but really started moving in the last 20 laps of the race. The Dodge / Bill Elliott Racing / Evernham Performance Parts #53 MasterSbilt / Gaerte Dodge Intrepid ran through the rough spots in the middle of the track to advance up to the second spot by the end of the event.

"We had a good run at Cleveland on Saturday and our car was really solid," said Ray on Monday night. "The middle of the track was pretty rough, but everywhere else was pretty smooth. I raced in the smooth portions of the track early on and then started running through the holes with about twenty to go. I was gaining on (eventual winner Dale) McDowell but I don't think we could have gotten by him. He is always strong at Cleveland and he is the man to beat every time he shows up there."

Ray Cook Racing will be back in action this Memorial Day weekend at the first mega event of 2004, the 12th Annual 'Show-Me 100'. $38,000 to win event kicks off this Thursday night with an open practice session at the West Plains Motor Speedway in West Plains, MO. Late Model Time Trials, the Manufacturers Dash, and the Past Champions Race are on tap Friday at the 3/8-mile, red-clay oval. Saturday features Late Model Heat races, the Last-Chance events, and the $38,000 to win, $3,800 to start 'Show-Me 100'. You can learn more about West Plains Motor Speedway and the event this weekend by accessing www.westplains-speedway.com.

"I am looking forward to getting out to West Plains," said the 2000 winner of the Show-Me event. "It is probably my favorite race of the season and we seem to really run strong out there. Our performance has dropped off the last couple of years at the Show-Me, but hopefully we will turn things around this weekend."

Visit www.raycookracing.com to find out the latest news and schedule information on "The Tarheel Tiger" Ray Cook.

Media Contact: Ryan Delph - Delph Communications
www.delphcommunications.com

Back