Ray Cook Switches to Ford Power by Grover Racing Engines

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
(BRASSTOWN, NORTH CAROLINA) The Ray Cook Racing team and driver Ray Cook are preparing for this Saturday night’s O’Reilly Southern AllStar Series event at the Cleveland Speedway in Cleveland, TN. The 26th running of the ‘Coca-Cola Tennessee Memorial’ is on tap this Saturday at Cleveland and a $5,000 top prize is on the line. The annual event, held every year the weekend prior to Memorial Day weekend, honors Tennessee veterans and current members of the armed forces serving around the world. Ray was considering running a few more races this weekend, but will instead use those days to ready for the upcoming ‘Show-Me 100’. For more information on the Cleveland SAS event, point your web browser to www.clevelandspeedway.com and www.southern-allstars.com.

The Brasstown, NC driver would also like to announce a change in his motor program. Ray has decided to start phasing out his Dodge motors in favor of Ford power from Grover Racing Engines. Ray received his first Ford powerplant last Friday and finished fourth at the Sugar Creek Raceway in Blue Ridge, GA later that evening. You can learn more about Grover Racing Engines and the Carl Grover Motorsports team by accessing www.carlgrovermotorsports.com.

Ray was planning on bringing his new Ford motor to the Tazewell Speedway in Tazewell, TN on Saturday for the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series event, but plans were changed at the last moment after that event was rained out. The team decided to head back home and test their new swing-arm car at the Tri-County Speedway in Brasstown, NC. The Huddle House / Youngblood Concrete / Christenberry Trucking & Farms #53 MasterSbilt car, with a Dodge motor underneath the hood, finished third in the final feature rundown on Saturday night.

“I would like to thank the entire Carl Grover Motorsports team, Eddie Carrier, Sr., and Eddie Carrier, Jr. for working out this new motor deal with me,” stated Cook on Wednesday night. “We have one Grover Racing Engine right now and should be getting another one very soon. I will be gradually fading out the Dodge equipment and will be running Ford stuff full-time. I want to also thank Joe Gaerte and everyone at Gaerte Racing Engines for all of their hard work with the Dodge program. He builds a very good motor, but with Dodge not coming back on board with us this year, we felt like switching to Grover Racing Engines was the smart decision to make.”

Ray would like to thank all of his supporters including: Bill Elliott Racing, MasterSbilt Race Cars, Grover Racing Engines, Hamrick’s of Gaffney, Youngblood Concrete Special, Jacky Jones Automotive Group, Christenberry Trucking & Farms, Huddle House of Hiwase, GA, AFCO Racing Products, Art’s Radiator, Bert Transmissions, BRT Racing Products, Corporate Image, Custom Craft Headers, Demon Carburetors, Frankland Racing Supply, K&N Filters, Mason Racin’, MSD Ignition, Out-Pace Racing Products, Outerwears, Inc., Oval Craft, PPM Racing Products, Real Wheels, Schaeffer Oil, Turbo Start Batteries, and Wilwood.

For the latest news and schedule information concerning the Ray Cook Racing team, feel free to visit their official Internet home at www.raycookracing.com.

Media Contact: Ryan Delph – Delph Communications www.delphcommunications.com

Back