Ray Marler Named WoO Winged Sprint Car Promoter of the Year

The Talker Guy

The Talker Guy
Congratulations to Ray! As many of you know, he and Kenny have a sweet spot for sprint cars.

And congratulations also to Sue, Kenny, their families, Allied officials, and everyone who works behind the scenes at I-55. They too played a role in this well deserved recognition.

Here's part of a news article from Sunday night's banquet...............

The 2010 World of Outlaws Promoter of the Year Award went to Ray Marlar fom I-55 Raceway in Missouri. Marlar hosted the Ironman 55 for the second consecutive year, with the finale coming down to a last lap thriller that saw Jason Meyers edge Lucas Wolfe at the line. The award was presented by Brian Carter, the Chief Operating Officer and Chief Financial Officer of the World Racing Group.

"I don't know what to say, I think I need my partner (Kenny Schrader) right now, he is in the other room (at the Late Model Series banquet)," said Marlar with a smile. "I want to thank everybody for this award. Thanks to the World Racing Group, all the drivers and fans. I most definitely have to thank Kenny. I always wanted to promote races and he made that possible. I hope I get to do this a few more years."

TTG/MM

Congrats to Ray!!!! What does Ray get for this just a trophy, or a discount? Ray has always stuck with the outlaws it's nice that they finally throw him a bone. So congrats to Ray, Kenny, Mark, Dustin, and everyone else involved to get this.

Congratulations Ray and everyone !!! No one deserves it more than you. All of you work so hard to put all the weekly shows on glad to see it doesn't go unnoticed.:)

Woohoo! Congrats to Ray and Co. down at I-55/Pevely!! Way to go for all of your hard work and dedication in making a great place for all the rest of us to go racing! Wishing you many more years of success!! Just keep those drumsticks in stock. Love those drumsticks!!! :)

Congratulations to Ray Marler and the entire Marler clan who make this possible and to all the track workers as well ! This is SUCH an HONOR to Raymond and the entire staff ! We are so Lucky to have I-55 in my backyard ! So Lucky ! And this proves it : )
I want to know how Debbie has Ray deliver drumsticks to her in the stands when it's cold and the last race of the year ? He doesn't spoil me like that !

congrats to ray and kenny and the I55 raceway family for the award and a job well done on the 2010 season. I am looking forward to the 2011 season. Thank you for giving me the priviledge to be a part of it. I hope to get to do it again. Big Paul aka TTG's cable guy lol

Congratulations to Ray and crew from the members of the St. Louis Auto Racing Fan Club. Our members have a "sweet spot" for I-55 no matter what they are running. Great job and best wishes for a successful 2011.

Back