Ray & Sue Marler will be part of celebration of 1st WoO Sprint race at Devil's Bowl Speedway

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Long before Ray and Sue Marler were race track Promoters, they were Sprint Car owners.

This weekend they will be at the Devils Bowl Speedway to celebrate their participation in the first WoO Sprint race in 1978.

Tom Corbin drove the Marler owned Sprint Car to a third place finish. Corbin had made a move with 3 Laps remaining and had taken the lead, but the red flag would fly later in that lap and Corbin would restart in third and that is where they would finish.

Tom's nephew, Danny "The Dude" Lasoski was on the pit crew at that time as a youngster.

I guess this means I am old. Melissa and I made the trip to the first WOO race back in 1978 with Raybourne and Sue and others. Some of the pix that are being posted of that weekend I did take. Some where I have the shot of the car that hit the wall off turn four that brought out the yellow (red) Jimmy Boyd I believe from Dixon Ca. was the winner with Doug Wolfgang second in the Speedway Motors 4X
Boy how time flies.
Kirby Laws

dallas-marler.jpg

Back