Rayburn on a metric?

SHEPHERD

Has anyone or can you put a rayburn cage on a metric frame? I had one pretty much given to me and was just wondering if it would fit for a street stock. Thanks

Has anyone or can you put a rayburn cage on a metric frame? I had one pretty much given to me and was just wondering if it would fit for a street stock. Thanks
Anything is possible, however I wouldn't do it for the simple fact that a rayburn cage is built with thin wall tubing and would not be the safest option for a 3200 lb street stock. They don't hold up that well when they get upside down even when they only weigh 2300 lbs. JMO What year is it?

We were gonna do it a couple years ago but scrapped the idea. We got it mocked up and it was going to be more work than it was worth. The drivers side A post area and foot bars was going to make hanging a body to look like something tough. The way the rear loop behind the driver was done by Rayburn made it a hassle. We were using a big Monte Carlo frame. But, like Dean said, anything is possible.

As Dean said. Nope. It will cave quicker than a snow fort in August. Those cages are not made for 3200 lbs race cars.

Back