Rayfield wins first major late model event at Malden Speedway!

racer20

Shawn Rayfield was the proud winner of the $5000 to win prize today. As Rayfield sat in victory lane his right rear tire went flat but non the less a very excited Rayfield stood atop his car to receive the $5000 "big check" presented by the FASTRAK series officials.

Rayfield stated later that it was the single largest win of his racing career. "I have had more fun racing these crate late models than anything I have ever raced" stated Rayfield afterwards.

Early on the 50 of Ed Dixon and the 17 of Billy James got together just a bit going into turn 2 leaving Dixon wounded with a bent spindle and retiring him from the track.

Rayfield led from flag to flag but not without being seriously challenged early from James. With ten laps to go the 24 car pressing him hard and showing him his nose several times. "I could hear him coming" said Rayfield. "I was trying to save my right rear and when I saw the 10 to go sign, I put the petal to the floor. Thank goodness it held on to the last lap. I couldn't believe it really went flat while getting my check and trophy on the front straight".

Nick Lyons sat fast time on Saturday evening and also setting a new track record. The record was previously held by a super late model car. Lyons suffered a cut tire and had to change it during the on track pit stop which required him to start from the rear with 35 laps remaining.

Only six cautions in 75 laps with only one 2 car accident in which both cars returned to the track on lap two.

Complete results will be posted tomorrow.

Attachments

• 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 120
Well Deserved for you guys wish we could have been able to race you for the win alittle longer then we did.

Thanks for the help trying to get us back on the track and Congrats on your big win.

Joe

Ed Dixon Motorsports

way to go

great job shawn, you worked hard for that win, look forward to racing with you at mcs.
kurt

Back