SUNDAY MARCH 6TH
10:00 AM - ?????

AMERICAN LEGION/BONNIE’S PIZZA
On Route 177 as you enter Mascoutah

Trophies for 1st-2nd-3rd for each class
Best of Show
Food
Door Prizes

Sponsored by the American Legion, Bonnie’s Pizza, & Lonnie’s Tire in Mascoutah, IL & Vinyl Visions in Belleville, IL

For more info please contact:
Lonnie Casey at 566-8473
Chris Gregory at 257-1133

:confused: WHO IS GOING TO BE THIER IF ALOT OF GUYS GOING TO kY LAKE AND CLARKSVILLE TNN. I HAVE NOT HEARD OF ANY ONE COMING. YOU YOU POST WHO IS COMING.

What time will the judging take place? I have to work at 3 in the afternoon and if i am able to get home and gone by 2 then i will be there. Just let me know. Thanks,

Tom

car show

smaldirt28 said:
What time will the judging take place? I have to work at 3 in the afternoon and if i am able to get home and gone by 2 then i will be there. Just let me know. Thanks,

Tom
the judging will take place at 1pm hope to see you there

thanks wade

Don Klein had 3 cars at the show, including his new 50th aniv. car.... It looks good donnie.... Ray walsh was also there and his designs on the car looked great also... There was about 14 cars on hand.... Thanks guys for coming out and showing them...

It looks like the car show was a great success. Thanks to everyone who took the time to bring their cars & come out just to support this show.
We're looking forward to it next year & hope it will grow every year.

Late Model: 1st place-#28 Don Klein 2nd place-#27 Mike Schulte 3rd place-#32 Vince Grondzki

Modified: 1st place-#25 Brett Korves 2nd place-#1W Ray Walsh 3rd place -#27 Kenny Helmick
Sportsman: 1st place-#44 Brian Eaves 2nd place-#115 Tim England 3rd place-Ron Weidler

Pure Stock: 1st place-#20 Shane Wilson 2nd place-#18 Curt Paule

Best of Show: #28 Don Klein

Special Thanks to the sponsors of the trophies: Belle Clair Speedway, Marv's Race Place, Lonnie's Tire & Bonnie's Pizza, The American Legion and Vinyl Visions

Pictures will be posted in the 2005 Photo section soon!

:( Who Did The Judging At The Car Show? I Think Ray Walsh Should Of Got 1stnot 3rd, His Car Looks Sharp. Hope To Make It Next Year Realy Wanted To Go This Year, Sense I Only Live In The Town North Of Mascoutah. Thanks For The Photos But Was Hopen To See More Pics. But Thats Ok At Least I Got To See Some.

:( I think his car is sweet looking and by the pics the best car thier.Whimpy always does a great job! but i would like to know who did the judging and how it was done.

Way to go Ray and good luck team in 2005 :) :D

Blame the Judges not the winner

First of all why blame the 25 car when he had nothing to do with picking the winner. Next I would hope you can stay ahead of the 25 because it will be driven by a 16 year old rookie in the modified class. All cars looked great and how they were judged I don't know. Any car show any class I would not like to make the choice. No matter who is picked someone is going to think they got the shaft. Most of the time they have a legitimate gripe because with the finishing designs on todays cars they are too close to call. I just don't like to hear someone blame the winner when they don't make the pick. Grow up and enjoy life and racing. Your taking this way to serious. :D :D :D

No offense to the 25, but the 1w should have won. But then again, thats why these car shows are getting less and less cars. The judging always seems to be swayed. Example: Don Klein wins just about every one he goes to. Especially pop-a-top! Once again, no offense to Donnie. but several times he didn't have the best looking car at some shows and still won. Not to mention the sportsman choice was rediculous.

The judges did not know any of the drivers there and did not know anything about racing. I can tell you the judging was not swayed in any way shape or form. Some people see things differently than others that's all. I've been to several car shows over the past years and the one thing I can tell you for sure that they all have in common is - there's always going to be somebody complaining that they had the best car and it was rigged. I've heard it at every car show I've been to and read it on here after everyone of them. Grow up people. This was about getting together before the season starts and having a good time. A lot of time and effort went into this and we did it for the drivers, the sponsors, and the fans.

I agree with you 89BittleFan there is always gonna be someone unhappy all the drivers put hard work in these cars to look and run good not everyone can win . I stopped in and thought the cars looked great and I am glad I wasnt a judge the cars looked really awesome. I am more glad that the drivers take the time to bring the cars out and give us a sneak peak be4 race season.

I talked to Ray today and asked him about who dirtbozz was and he didn't know. Ray and all his crew are from Missouri and he couldn't think of anybody from Belleville that was closely associated with him. He also didn't know why dirtbozz signed his post as 'Ray Walsh Racing'. Hopefully no hard feelings were made as result of a few comments from a bystander.

In my opinion, especially with car shows, the results really don't matter a whole lot and it is more about trying to get excited about the racing season or something. Even if Ray's car was better looking that someone else's, sometimes you should just roll your eyes and carry on rather than badmouth people you really don't know.

Back