removing decals

what is the best way to remove old decals? tried heat and a gasket scraper this removed decals but scratched paint and left stickey stuff on panels.what isthe best thing to remove the adhesive. thanks.

I use lacquer thinner. Or you can use paint thinner..but i think lacquer works better. It makes the glue to where you can push it off with a putty knife(i use a plastic one i got in a auto panel remover kit...but goto a hardware store and get a plastic scraper).

use an eraser wheel that takes off pin striping off car and trucks and it wont scratch the paint and it will take glue and decal off at same time. we use it at the bodyshop all the time

use an eraser wheel that takes off pin striping off car and trucks and it wont scratch the paint and it will take glue and decal off at same time. we use it at the bodyshop all the time

thats the best thing for decals

Never used one till last week. Your right..........works great and doesnt damage the paint.

Back