Renegade 100 postponed.. ouch

BRICKMOVER

Saw this on 4m and belive me I went thru this with my first Bluegrass Bash in 2000. It is had to pull a rain date off at a later date! I feel bad for all the teams that were already there and the fans too! But nothing can be done to change mother natures mind!

PRESS RELEASE

SATSUMA, FL (February 2) – Due to unfavorable weather that has forced the cancellation of racing for Wednesday February 2 and Thursday February 3, Putnam County Speedway Park regrets to announce that the Renegade 100 has been postponed to a future date in the Spring as there is no feasible way of compacting the four-day event into two days without severely compromising the program.

Fortunately, the 100+ cars that arrived earlier in the week will still have the opportunity to race. Replacing the Renegade 100 on Friday February 4 and Saturday February 5 will be the Putnam Twin 40s races for the Open Wheel Modifieds.

Each Modified will get two heat races on both Friday and Saturday nights. Points accumulated during the heats for finishing positions and for number of cars passed will determine which cars make each night’s 24-car feature event. The total purse payout for the weekend for the Modifieds will be over $36,000.

Also racing in heat and 20-lap feature action on both nights will be the Dwarf Cars and the 4-cylinder Pure Stocks.

For each night, the following racing schedule applies: Pit gates open at 2 P.M. Grandstands open at 3 P.M. The green flag drops on the first heat race at 4 P.M. Pit admission is $35 on Friday and $40 on Saturday. Grandstand admission is $10 for adults and $6 for children on Friday. Saturday admission is $12 for adults and $6 for children.

For any further questions, contact the track at 386.649.5210

Back