Renting Tracks???

ModRacer_1S

got dirt?
Do any local tracks, specifically Montgomery Co. rent out the track for testing? I've heard that the old Capital Speedway did it just curious, tried calling MCS but just get an old recorded message. If you have any info on how much it costs, how long you get, etc. please post. :confused:

This is a great question, but also do we have any "practice" tracks in the area that would be available. It would be nice to have that information available to pass along because I get that question all the time.

I have sometimes thought it might be an idea to run the nights racing, and then maybe have open practice for a few hours. I dont think Highland or TCS could do it, or any track near a populated area, but maybe Brownstown could.

t.nie said:
I have sometimes thought it might be an idea to run the nights racing, and then maybe have open practice for a few hours. I dont think Highland or TCS could do it, or any track near a populated area, but maybe Brownstown could.
Well, MCS is out in the boonies for sure. I don't know if Mel does that, but I can ask around this weekend.

Talk to Chad Naylor at Godfrey Speedway. I know he's done it once this year, and would probably do it again. Race track # is 618-466-6905

I was told theat Charlie wil often open Brownstown track for practice if you talk to him. I know he has also let people test after the races are over on Fri nights too.

2gBro said:
I was told theat Charlie wil often open Brownstown track for practice if you talk to him. I know he has also let people test after the races are over on Fri nights too.

I HEARD THE SAME THING. YOU'D HAVE TO PAY FOR AN AMBULANCE TO BE PRESENT.

I think Rick Heck has done this @ Mt. Vernon also. Don't know the specifics, but you could call Rick's Towing and find out for sure.

This Would Be A Really Good Deal For Those Who Might Need It. Especially If You Had A Few Guys Go Together And Split Any Cost.

I heard that Capital used to require a minimum of 4 cars and would do it for 4 hours, this would be great. I wonder what if you had your own paramedic on hand?? Would that cut the cost some?

I'm a paramedic and would be willing to stand-by at the track for anyone that could get this approved. All you'd have to do is feed me and maybe toss in some gas money! ;)

Not sure of the track name and its a long ways to go but the track around Blue Springs Mo. Had open practice every wednesday night last year for 10 bucks ya could run all night....

For anyone interested in practicing on an asphalt track, I-70 Speedway cost me $100 for the first hour and $50 per hour after that last Fall. They also had open practice every Wednesday evening last season (not sure about this year).

Back