Reserved Seating?

Can someone please explain to me how people was able to tape down blankets and "reserve" their seats before the gates opened? I thought there was no reserve seating lastnight?

i'm sick of the nuts with the blankets. saving a seat if your going to the restroom or to grab a bite to eat is one thing. but taping down your crap so you can go hang out in the pits for an hour is bull. i'll give em 10-15 minutes tops then i'm chucken that filthy blanket under the stands and sitting there. it's supposed to be general admission right? they need to paint some numbers on the seats in one section and sell reserved seating for these blanket nuts. oh and don't get me started on the goons with the bolt on seats (the big rigs) a little shot of mustard straitens them out.lol

glennon

I agree,

I got there at quarter till 5. Gates were supposed to open at 5. The front gate was open already and the top 3 rows were filled. If I would have known that crap was going to happen I would have just came later instead of watching nothing for an hour and a half.

Then a guy a few rows in front of me had the "big rig" and was leaning all over the people in front of me. I wanted to say something to him but it wasn't really affecting me. Some people have no respect for others.

FYI - When i got to the track at 1:15 P.M. Friday afternoon (before they were even selling pit passes) those blankets were already there. I asked the very nice ticket lady about it and she just shrugged and said she didnt know. I didnt give her a hard time since she was so sweet but since somebody started the conversation I am really curious.

We got to the track at 5:00 and there were still some spots in the top few rows but not very many. We just sat down about 10 rows from the top and still had a wonderful time.

Things that make you go hmmmmm.

Those seats are all for the Gundaker family. :p No, I don't know but it isn't right. They had that problem at I-55 one time but I think that has stopped now.
What is so funny to watch is when they open the gates up to the fans, those people sprint for the top row. It looks like feeding time for the cows. :p That top row is like gold for some people. May I ask, why is the top row so important? Half the time the people don't even stand up on the top row during the race. They sit like us normal fans in the good seats below.

By the way, we get there early and grill while watching the rigs come in. That's how we see the people rush in. And no, I'm not jealous either.

Gates open and "Off to the Races". Go Go Go, gotta get that top row!!!! ;)

Top Row

I like that top row because i can see every thing better but i usually stand the majority of the time. But now im usually in the pits so i dont have to worry about getting their early and fightin them crazy mad people.

i'm sick of the nuts with the blankets. saving a seat if your going to the restroom or to grab a bite to eat is one thing. but taping down your crap so you can go hang out in the pits for an hour is bull. i'll give em 10-15 minutes tops then i'm chucken that filthy blanket under the stands and sitting there. it's supposed to be general admission right? they need to paint some numbers on the seats in one section and sell reserved seating for these blanket nuts. oh and don't get me started on the goons with the bolt on seats (the big rigs) a little shot of mustard straitens them out.lol

glennon
give you a clue don't go to fairbury lol

Fairbury was a joke, not just the top row but the entire backside was taped with blankets. I am not kidding from two row up was all reserved.

Front Gates opened at 4p.m. for the Lucas Oil Show.

Revin,

Straight from your website.

Upcoming Events! Friday, July 20th - Miller Lite presents the Lucas Oil Late Model Series featuring Lucas Oil Super Late Models for $10,000 to win, U.M.P. Modifieds for $1,000 to win & CARS Late Models for $750 to win & $100 to start. Tickets go on sale at 1pm Friday. Pit gate opens at 2pm. Grandstand gates open at 5pm. Hotlaps at 6:30pm and Late Model Qualifying at 7pm. Admission is $25 with kids 12 and under FREE. Pit admission is $35 for all ages. Kenny & Mike Wallace will be on hand and racing.
CLICK HERE FOR FLIER ON THIS EVENT
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE TV COMMERCIAL FOR THIS EVENT

doesnt matter when the gates were opened to the general public... the blankets and what not were there at 1:00 p.m. when ticket sales opened up.

We have season ticket holders who seats are honored at all events!

Most the blankets were put down on thursday evening by the fans that came by for practice.

The front Gates opened at 4:00 - Two weeks prior to the event we changed to open early for the fans.

The gates from the PITS to the Grandstand did not open until 4:00. NOONE
from the pits was allowed into General Admission.

As for the Seats being held for the Gundaker Family In case you didn't notice most of the our family was working Friday Night.

Kevin and I will continue to do everything we can to make the racing good and treat our fans right.

Tammy Gundaker

Next time i get there right when gates open, and those blankets are taped up there, Those blankets will be placed in the trash can!

We have season ticket holders who seats are honored at all events!

Most the blankets were put down on thursday evening by the fans that came by for practice.

Funny,

You don't honor the racers "reserved" spots in the pits. Also, those people that stopped by the night before and saved a spot is a bunch of **** too. I doubt I will go back the rest of the year. Between the shows taking forever and the lack of organization I am losing my interest. ****s because the track is pretty fast.

As for the Seats being held for the Gundaker Family In case you didn't notice most of the our family was working Friday Night.

Tammy Gundaker

Tammy in my previous post I mentioned about this I was just kidding. ;)

The right thing to do Tammy was to take those blankets off the bleachers after Thursday nights practice(the blankets are your property then if they leave them) or mention to the people over the speakers about not leaving those blankets over night. Maybe we wouldn't of had this thread to begin with, just a thought. :rolleyes:

Season ticket holders and those from Thursday night's rained out practice. I will accept that explanation.

armoflu -
I may be wrong but you sound like one of those people who wants his spot held in the pits regardless of whether you are at the track or not, or shows up to a special event 10 minutes before it starts and complains because they had to sit low and eat dirt all night.

You dont want to go to TCS anymore... the rest of us that fill 90% of the bleachers thank you (more room to stretch out). Heck I may even be able to buy me one of those "big rigs" and take up some extra space haha.

I can remember going to the cardinals games and sitting in the bleachers when they were general admission. if you didn't have somebody save your seat most times you would get up to go to the restroom or grab something to eat and come back to somebody sitting in your spot. seemed like it caused a bunch of problems. they put numbers on the seats to cut out all the problems. in all the games i've been to over the years i've never seen anybody tape a blanket to the bleachers. i guess we should feel sorry for these people with their duct tape and blankets they obviously have no life or at least a very boring one if they need to get to the track several hours early or the night before just to save a seat. i won't stop going to the races because of this but i will chuck that musty old blanket in the trash if it's unattended for more than 15 minutes.

glennon

Back