Restarts?

AKM9

How many people think the local tracks should do the Delaware double file restart to help get rid of boring ass follow the leader races? I think this format would really help the race tracks get two lanes to come in!

Let me start off by saying that I'm all for Delaware restarts. Love 'em. Unfortunately, they tend to breed cautions, and promoters hate the way cautions slow down the show. At least that's what several promoters have told me why they don't want them.

Brian #44

Not a chance half the time we can't get a single file restart to work you guys all think its great cause you see the pros doing it and for them it is great cause they are good enough to pull it off I like them as much as you all but with out naming names we all know that half the cars at most tracks aren't going to be able to pull it off

Great idea. Bring em on, we'll figure it out. After yellow, first try double file, if everyone doesn't file in and play nice then make them stack single file. We start every race double file full of cars, not much different.

I love the double restarts. Godfrey used to do them and the leader started poll by hisself. Also one big problem with single restarts especially this year is people jumping the starts and running under people. Its not a single file start. Double starts keep people more honest.

I agree 100% on the deleware style starts, not only does it make for better racing, but it gives a guy a chance to get by cars that are all strung out and just fast enough that they are hard to pass but still holding you up... I would love to see all the local tracks go to it.. just my opinion... Nathan Gibson #97 b-mod

Totally agree with rusty! These always lead to more cars getting tore up. The guys that like them are usually the cars in the back that think this is how they are gonna pass cars and usually the ones that cause the next caution. If you are that far back its usually for a reason

Not a chance half the time we can't get a single file restart to work you guys all think its great cause you see the pros doing it and for them it is great cause they are good enough to pull it off I like them as much as you all but with out naming names we all know that half the cars at most tracks aren't going to be able to pull it off
hey kermit i almost never disagree with you but i guess we will have to agree to disagree i think they can pull it off and do it very good

Totally agree with rusty! These always lead to more cars getting tore up. The guys that like them are usually the cars in the back that think this is how they are gonna pass cars and usually the ones that cause the next caution. If you are that far back its usually for a reason
I ran upfront at Godfrey and i loved them but i can also see where some dont like the starts. Cannot make everyone happy all the time but it is a great conversation here and great posts as well.

Not a fan. We race on a tight budget and chance to tear more stuff up does not appeal to me.

Reactions: 99
great post! bring them back. they promote side by side racing. if it can prevent brake checking restarts, all tracks should do it.

It would probably be great for parts sales. It might be exciting for the fans until there are no cars to watch. The same fan that wants this type of restart is "bitching" about paying $20 to get in. The person with a race car is paying for pit passes, fuel for his truck & race car, tires, wheels, sheet metal & a whole lot more! Cutting a tire down on a re-start will off set most tracks starting money. Most of the local tracks are NOT paying $1,000+ starting money. Steve@SCP

Back