revised challenege issued to highland sportsman drivers

Banshee84

once again i was asked to post this

due to the overwhelming response to the 8e challenge at highland speedway, from drivers and sponsors. We are changing the rules so ALL cars are eligible to try and see if they can beat the 8e. Rule #1, and the only rule, the driver that can accumulate the most points starting this sat. nite (7-17-10) through championship nite will pick up the prize. This also includes the fair race and breast cancer race.

purse
$1250
2 new e-mods
2 cases of brad penn oil

purse consists of orignal $500 offer plus help from various sponsors
thank you

Even I can read the original post and understand that it is changed from $500 for beating Eilers on a given night, to being able to get $1250 plus 2 tires and 2 cases of oil if you score more points than Eilers from now until the end of the season.

So ur forcing ppl to run there.stupid post make it for any car that is highland legal on the first nite he gets beat. No matter how many times he ran or runs highland this year. But I would bring my own msd bot brand new and make him switch out b4 race just to make sure he doesn't have traction control

the way i see it as a way to attempt to give something to the drivers that support a track all year..that amount is more than winning the championship pays (i think) i am sure there are highland legal cars that could make a good run at the 8&3,,should be interesting

I like it. It's better than the "chase". Maybe Nascar will copy highland. I only wish someone would have thought of the "Mid-year Challenge" years ago.

Invader, please rewrite your post so I can undersand it. Who is forcing who to do what?

Invader...they hide it in his right foot! But in all seriousness the kid can drive he don't need any help that whole bunch can wheel cars and if the trend continues and he stays in the 1E you got all 3 to run against good luck to all the eilers and those who attempt to beat them

Wow this is very cool. I don't have a dog in the fight but this takes some brass *alls to do. Kudos to you guys, because that's backing your play right there. How could anyone complain about that? Except the ones who just get on here to complain.

so if he gets the most points he will win the prize, boy that kid is gunna make more money racin then he does working

Anybody who has watched any of the Eilers boys from the begining, know they can drive.
I like the revised challenge.
See everyone Sat
Adam

that was kind of a joke; but if those 3 drivers are as good as everyone says, and its NOT the car, then trade cars for a night, and race em again! maybe a ten lap "just for fun, but we are all serious here" race..... by jove, i think i am on to something here!! haaahaaa!

midget i think your right about that you are onto something it would be very interesting to throw names in a hat and swap cars and see what happens. jmo

8 e

if you guys really want to prove a point put the kid i the third or fourth place car that runs there regularly and see if he can win . ive watched him drive a number of nights i personally think he can just flat out drive this is my opinion i dont even know him or his family nor do i own a race car... put him in a different car see what happens .

My friend Joyce Standridge has said this all along. If you want to stop cheating as well as keep the cost of racing down, the best way to do it is just what Art says. No rules, just show up with your car and throw the car number in a hat and have the drivers draw. Whatever car number you draw that's the car you drive. That would really even the playing field. It's so simple, it's genious.

Brian #44

thats a great idea why havent these great promoters and track owners thought of this???? they should do this in all the classes at least one night i would even pay more at the gate to see this ...more fans and drivers need to comment on this...

Yeah, that would be a great idea until someone's car gets torn up. I don't mind fixing my car when I tear it up, but what happens when someone else runs it into the fence?

Back